Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error code 41?

Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was trying to install adobe after effects on my PC and every time i try to install it it just says error code 41 was unable to access critical file or directory if you know what this means or how to fix this help would be greatly appreciated.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Okay, 41 is not an error code I've seen, but the message suggests that, for whatever reason, Windows isn't able to make a secure verification of the installation files, and so it's not letting it go through.

Some more questions (just what you wanted, right? 😞

1. Does your computer meet all system requirements—After Effects System Requirements—including being a 64 rather than 32 bit version of Windows 10 (How Do I Know if I’m Running 32-bit or 64-bit Windows​)? After Effects only works with 64 bit.
  2. Do

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,
Jan 15, 2018 Jan 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mo0nbase101,

Is it error code 41 or 42? Usually 42 is associated with the "unable to access a critical file or directory" message.

Is your Windows up to date? If not, update it so Windows is able to validate the digital certificate during installation. More info: Error code 42 or 72 when installing Adobe Creative Cloud.

If it is indeed error code 41, can you provide a screenshot of the error as well as info about your operating system? That will help us better troubleshoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2018-01-16 (1).pngAlso i completely updated windows ten liked you asked and it still dident work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 16, 2018 Jan 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, 41 is not an error code I've seen, but the message suggests that, for whatever reason, Windows isn't able to make a secure verification of the installation files, and so it's not letting it go through.

Some more questions (just what you wanted, right? 😞

1. Does your computer meet all system requirements—After Effects System Requirements—including being a 64 rather than 32 bit version of Windows 10 (How Do I Know if I’m Running 32-bit or 64-bit Windows​)? After Effects only works with 64 bit.
  2. Do you have antivirus software running? If so, temporarily disable it and try installing again. Same thing goes if you're behind a firewall.
  3. Are you trying to install from the Creative Cloud desktop app or directly from Adobe After Effects CC | Visual effects and motion graphics software. What happens if you try the method you haven't been using?
  4. Have you ever had AfterEffects on this computer before?
  5. Do you currently or have you in the past had other Adobe software installed?

There is also this forum thread where someone was able to work around Error Code 41 with a little task manager wizardry: Felkod 41 / Error code 41​. The situation isn't exactly the same, but it may help.

Finally, if none of that fixes the issue, you can try to pinpoint exactly what's going wrong by following the steps in Troubleshoot Adobe Creative Cloud install issues with log files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2018 Jan 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 16, 2023 Jul 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Eu estava tendo este mesmo problema a dias sem saber como resolver.

Mas consegui hoje...caso ainda seja de ajuda a alguém, deixarei aqui a solução !

basta instalar o "Adobe Creative Cloud", mas você não instala o After effects por aqui, mas deve instalar o executável logo após a instalação do "Adobe Creative Cloud".

Espero ter ajudado !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines