• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Code: A12E1

New Here ,
Aug 06, 2012 Aug 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What are the solutions to the problem? I cannot get Adobe Application Manager to load

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 21, 2013 Aug 21, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Creative Cloud Update Error code: A121E | Full Fix

1. Launch Activity Monitor (on the Mac, click Spotlight, the Magnifying glass in the upper right corner of your screen) then type Activity Monitor (press Return to launch)
  2. Look for AMUpdatesNotifier and click Quit Process
  3. Go back to Finder (your Operating System) click the Go menu (at the top, next to the View menu) and choose > Go to Folder
  4. Type ~/Library then press return (you are now in the Library folder)
  5. Inside the Library go to Application Support > Adobe and trash (delete) these folders (Command Delete will throw selected folders in the trash):
    AAMUpdater
    AAMupdateinventory
    OOBE
  6. Next, locate the same folders at the root level of your Hard Drive by double-clicking on Macintosh HD and opening Library > Application Support > Adobe and trash the same folders:
    AAMUpdater
    AAMupdateinventory
    OOBE
  7. Now, navigate to your Applications folder and open Utilities
  8. Delete the Adobe Creative Cloud folder and Adobe Application Manager
  9. Run the Creative Cloud cleaner tool:
    http://download.macromedia.com/pub/creativecloud/cleanertool/mac/AdobeCreativeCloudCleanerTool.dmg
  10. Remove the Creative Cloud desktop app named:
    Adobe Application Manager/Creative Cloud for Win XP, Vista & Max OSX 10.6
    (you don't need to un-install any CC applications)
  11. Login to Creative Cloud through your web browser (Chrome, Firefox or Safari):
    https://creative.adobe.com/
  12. Click Download Center at the top
  13. Scroll down to Creative Cloud (desktop access to Creative Cloud)
  14. Click Install

I hope this is a thorough fix. I've seen bits & pieces of this on different forum posts for the Error code: A121E but nothing this specific. Hope this helps...

My last questions to the VERY helpful Adobe support guy (I'm assuming):

Kelly McCathran: Question: (I removed everything 2 weeks ago with this Cleaner Tool) why is this problem happening again?

Sudhansu: Kelly, some times even after removing with the Cleaner tool, some raw files stay in the same location.

He did a thorough and excellent job today.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2013 Sep 05, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kelly,

Thank you! I got the A121E error today while downloading the CC update. Your excellent -- and thorough -- fix worked for me!

Mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 07, 2013 Sep 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The renaming did the trick, thank you very much. I never would have known that in the first place. OOBE to OOBE_old (I'm on Mac.)

===========================================================

Off topic:

Why do I have to deal with this in the first place? Right -- I signed up for the cloud, instead of enjoying CS6 as before.

So far I love Adobe's apps since 20+ years (with some anger mixed into this otherwise positive compliment, when crashes happen ... of course ;o)

But so far, I wish I never had signed up for the cloud. I do not see that bugs get faster [if at all] fixed. I'm happy when the year is over, I will not extend. The cloud has slowed down my work, not much, it it has.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 09, 2013 Sep 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two months later, trying to update the CC tool ... and I get the same damn 12E1 error code. This time, I went through the whole rigmarole all over again. Did surgery to the Library and the root director. Rebooted. Tried to reinstall CC ... and got the white screen of death.

They really, really need to work the kinks out of this distribution model, 'cause what they're doing now is not a good customer experience.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 10, 2013 Sep 10, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HAd to re-install my mbp with OS X 10.9 where Creative cloud has existed since the beginning of summer. Now I also get this 12E1 error. The only difference my my old install and the new one can be the format for the file system. I have formated with

Mac OS Extented (Case-sensitive, Journaled) which I can see that the Adobe Application Manager 7.0 does not support.

Could it be the same with the Creative Cloud client??

-mic

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 13, 2013 Sep 13, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried your full list of instructions after getting the A121E issue for about the 6th time. Thank you by the way:)  Creative Cloud desktop seemed to install OK but now it doesn't seem to know what apps I have installed! It invites me to install the apps I already have installed:( Time to get your act together Adobe. The cc apps themselves are generally reliable. But this app for managing your new Creative Cloud thing is something you should be ashamed of. It is flakey, unreliable, complicated for us (your clients) to try and keep working, and this problem has now been going on for many months. SORT IT OUT!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 25, 2013 Sep 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Despite the fix I submitted back in June, I have continuously run into this error every time trying to update with Creative Cloud. This is pretty frustrating, as part of the reason my company went with this subsciption was with the purpose of being able to continuously keep all our programs up-to-date. This error really makes that a big pain, as you have to go through these steps to get it to work every time.

Kelly McCathran's solution worked for me this time. I am hoping it will last through the next update or two, at least.

I really hope Adobe's technical staff is spending a good amount of time trying to solve this issue because right now it's a big black mark on the new suite for me. I'd like to get the subscription at home for individual use, but this is the main reason I stop short, because I don't want to go through this problem at home AND at work...

Please put some attention on this, Adobe. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Sep 26, 2013 Sep 26, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this pop up again on a lab computer last week, un-installing and re-installing the Creative Cloud desktop app fixed it quickly. I pray it solves it permanaently. Happy to hear the full fix worked for you Candace6b.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2014 Mar 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I followed all these steps but I still get the error code A12E1.

In system.log I found the following:

Mar  1 20:01:42 Kikis-iMac.local authexec[888]: executing /tmp//Creative Cloud Helper

Mar  1 20:02:43 Kikis-iMac kernel[0]: process Creative Cloud I[883] caught causing excessive wakeups. Observed wakeups rate (per sec): 664; Maximum permitted wakeups rate (per sec): 150; Observation period: 300 seconds; Task lifetime number of wakeups: 45008

Mar  1 20:02:43 Kikis-iMac.local ReportCrash[892]: Invoking spindump for pid=883 wakeups_rate=664 duration=68 because of excessive wakeups

Mar  1 20:03:01 Kikis-iMac.local spindump[893]: Saved wakeups_resource.spin report for Creative Cloud Installer version 2.4.1.351 (2.4.1.351) to /Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/Creative Cloud Installer_2014-03-01-200301_Kikis-iMac.wakeups_resource.spin

May be this helps somebody to determine the problem.

By the way: My filesystem is formated “Mac OS Extented (Case-sensitive, Journaled)”, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 27, 2013 Jul 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solution by Adobe support: http://t.co/yMM12hj1th

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 23, 2013 Aug 23, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have run into this error everytime I try to update CreativeCloud.... What works for me is to restart my computer and then force close the adobe update manager in the Activity Monitor (Applications > Utilities > Activity Monitor, select any process starting with "AAM" and click 'Quit Process' button in the menu bar).

I then open creative cloud, which requires me to update, and then I run the updater which completes without a problem.

I hope this works for you... Creative Cloud has been such a techinal headache, whereas the CS versions were trouble free for me since 2006!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2013 Aug 27, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 07, 2013 Oct 07, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this is now the 7th time this has happened - everytime there's an update. Add to it that the accounts are hacked - come on adobe your software is VERY expensive sort this issue out. with an update!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2014 Mar 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I can update Creative Cloud on Win 8.1 is to manully download the latest version of CC from Adobe and install it that way. I did this the last few updates, and they still haven't fixed it! Come on Adobe! Sort this out already!

I don't know why they havn't got this under things to try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 14, 2014 Feb 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried almost everything on all the boards I can find.  I even rolled back to a three month old OS image when the service still worked.  That is a strong indication the problem is on the Adobe end.  The only option left is to de install everything and re-install. 

This is an unprofessional solution for a $600 annual service.  I will re-install CS6.  I will cancel the $600 annual subsription.  I will re-engage when I hear Adobe has fixed the A12E1 error code issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2014 Mar 22, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple step to try first: Try running the update/install twice. I am running Mac 10.7.5 on two computers. On both I get Error A12E1 every time I first try  to update the Creative Cloud Application.  I have an icon for the CC App [or go to your application folder for the CC App] so I just run it again. After it opens it informs me that there is a CC-App update available. I then update for the second time and the install completes without an error. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Mar 24, 2014 Mar 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the error is due to installation / upgrade of the Creative Cloud desktop manager, you're not alone. Fails EVERY time for the last year and a half on my Windows7 / 64 machine.

http://i.imgur.com/H3jkNLv.png

Note that the steps listed include killing the AAM manager (not running on my system).

Here is what works for me:  http://forums.adobe.com/message/5866487#5866487

But I just took a look at the PDapp.log file and it looks pretty obvious to me what is wrong with the installer:

03/24/14 12:13:27:538 | [ERROR] |  | ASU | PIM | PIM |  |  | 1212 | Failed to create backup folder.

03/24/14 12:13:27:836 | [FATAL] |  | ASU | PIM | PIM |  |  | 1212 | Failed to create backup folder C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\OOBE\PDApp\core

03/24/14 12:13:28:022 | [FATAL] |  | ASU | PIM | PIM |  |  | 1212 | package installation failed and the return code was 50

03/24/14 12:13:28:022 | [ERROR] |  | ASU | PIM | PIM |  |  | 1212 | Failed to install with return code: 50

Besides the core folder ALREADY exists on my machine since 2010 when I installed one of the first Adobe applications. That PDApp folder is marked with READ ONLY permission.  In other words, Adobe, there seems to be little chance that your code will work.  Others on Windows should check for the presence of the above folder and its permission (right click and select Properties)

http://i.imgur.com/Q1QQfuZ.png

The highlighted box indicates one or more of the subfolders have the Read-Only option set. The box can be cleared, but it won't stick because Windows actively protects the contents of the Program Files and Program Files (x86) directories. 

I can't speak for how this works on a Mac, but I wouldn't be surprised to learn that people having trouble installing are also long time Adobe product users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - problems are on Mac as well and they just keep happening - time after time after bloody time. Have tried ALL the relevant suggestions from Adobe. Most reliable for me is to uninstall every time there is an update and reinstall from scratch. I just don't understand why Adobe (who are obviously aware of the issue) still can't get this sorted for their paying customers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PixelPump wrote:

Yes - problems are on Mac as well and they just keep happening - time after time after bloody time. Have tried ALL the relevant suggestions from Adobe.

Most reliable for me is to uninstall every time there is an update and reinstall from scratch.

Yikes!  Well, hopefully you will no longer have to do that...  Instead you should be able to leave your product fully installed on your machine, but just download and apply any CC updates yourself (manually) without using the Creative Cloud Desktop app.

Here are the direct download links for all of the CC updates that Adobe has released to date for all Creative Cloud products:

Adobe CC Updates – Direct Links for Windows

Adobe CC Updates – Direct Links for Mac OS

Hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 05, 2014 Apr 05, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is about two years of going on. Ridiculous and unprofessional. They want to charge us $50 every month, but they don't care enough to take care of this problem. I hope one day I can find suitable alternatives to the 3 programs I use so I can cancel my subscription altogether with Adobe.

Frankly, I only use Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign - I don't have time to learn all the other programs. I'm using other software that doesn't belong to Adobe to do my web programming in, like Coda 2 - I moved nearly all my Dreamweaver sites into it, and Diet Coda for my iPad Mini, and Snippets, and Text Expander, and Desktop Server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2014 Apr 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just had to do the uninstall/reinstall dance on my desktop AGAIN.

Yes, this is two years in. Every month, at least, there is an update to Create Cloud pushed out by Adobe. Every month, it locks up my Mac Pro desktop. Nothing in the suite works until I update.

Like Charlie Brown, running at the football, I click on the "Update" link hoping that this time, it will be different. This time, it will work. This time, Adobe will have fixed the problems with installing the Creative Suite on paying customers' computers.

Each and every time, I am am disappointed.

This is either corporate arrogance at a truly stupendous level, or there is some bug in the Suite installation procedure that just can't be solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2014 Apr 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wish I could say that your suggestions were helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2014 Apr 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I HAVE THE FIX!!!!!

after weeks and weeks and multiple sessions one of the operators finally nailed it. I did all the OOBE renamimg things, I deleted all the Adobe products off my machine and time after time FAILURE.

Here is the trick

Create a new user profile on your computer. Be sure to make it an Administrator account.

Download Creative Cloud onto your system. It will download into the new user but the rights will allow it to be used in the User Profile you normally use. So, just select switch user and go back to life as normal.

This fixed the A12E1 and the other error code..I think it was Error 7

Enjoy all my new friends

Bruce

When it works for you follow me on Twitter and let me know.. Bruce_Bishop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2014 Apr 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry Bruce but that's not a fix, but yet another work around.

ironically the adobe sales message to partners has been simple effortless updates.... That makes me chortle, as this is beyond useless.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 17, 2014 Oct 17, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Got the A12E1 error today when trying to update the Creative Cloud app.  But the second time I tried updating, it worked successfully (no reboot).  Definitely annoying to get this on a fairly high percentage of updates even if it works eventually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines