Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error downloading updates

New Here ,
Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all.

I am new here so please let me know if I can do things better.

I run Photoshop Elements 9 and Premiere Elements 9, both in the NL version. I realise these are fairly old but they still work for what I do. They run on Win10, 64 bit.

The update manager tells me there are 3 updates available. When executing, I get the message (in Dutch) that there is 'an' error while downloading these updates. Please close and try again later. But even weeks later the issue remails. I could not find relevant information on the Adobe website. Anyone here who has a clue how to fix this?

Please see attached screenshot of the (Dutch) error messages. Do let me know if you need any specific additional information.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 02, 2022 Sep 02, 2022

those look like the original un-updated versions. 

you'll need to search for the updates.  they're unlikely to be available via adobe.com, but if you registered with or purchased directly from adobe, there may be account links, https://account.adobe.com

here are updates to pse and pre. the pse is probably the last update, the pre update is not the last:

Wayback Machine (archive.org)

Adobe Premiere Elements 9.0.1 Patch : Adobe : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archive

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there haven't been any updates to pse 9 and pre 9 for years, so those update messages are probably erroneous.

what versions are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response!

See attached 2 screen shots for the details of the versions I have installed.

It might be that these updates are old as well, but this may be the consequence of having hafd to reinstall these (and many more...) apps some months ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

those look like the original un-updated versions. 

you'll need to search for the updates.  they're unlikely to be available via adobe.com, but if you registered with or purchased directly from adobe, there may be account links, https://account.adobe.com

here are updates to pse and pre. the pse is probably the last update, the pre update is not the last:

Wayback Machine (archive.org)

Adobe Premiere Elements 9.0.1 Patch : Adobe : Free Download, Borrow, and Streaming : Internet Archiv...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2022 Sep 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

I received a private response (I guess from Adobe) that I could address the issue to a certain email address to get it resolved. So please allow me to first see what they come up with, hopefully being the newest updates for both applications. I will compare them with what is behind the above link to see what is the newest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PimR, I am very sorry, but you are not in contact with Adobe regarding Photoshop or Premiere Elements 9, so please use caution with whoever you are dealing with.  You can use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/customer-support-portal.html to review your interactions with Adobe.

Unfortunately, Photoshop and Premiere Elements 9 are no longer supported by Adobe, so I would strongly suggest following the guidance offered by Kglad, or purchasing a current release of both software titles. You can find more information about the current releases of Elements at https://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html  The current releases have been updated to work with the latest operating systems and security software titles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I received a private response (I guess from Adobe)

By @PimR

I just want to emphasize what Jeff A Wright stated:  that you were not contacted by Adobe.

You were likely contacted by a scammer, so don't respond to the PM, click on any links, or provide any personal information such as serial numbers or passwords.

Please PM me with the username of the scammer so that I can report them to the appropriate forum administrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Peru and others.

The private message had the following content, which does look very real. But I know: you cannot be careful enough...

-----

Subject: Error downloading updates
Date: Sep 02, 2022 03:01 PM

Welcome to Adobe Support Community

Hi,

You can Directly send Email to our Adobe Customer Care Team Email Address:-
AdobeHelpCare@outlook.com and they will help you via Email.

Team Adobe

----

Note that I will never ever share passwords and I am very careful with unkown links. I always verify the link data against the text behid which it is. If not the same or not looking well, I don't follow.

Now, I just received a reply to my message. Again looking very professional. It states that the program is too old, no longer supported and the servers having been shut down. That last one probably being the reason for the error I get. So that leaves me with the earlier response by kglad, looking at the archive mentioned. Final approach would be to go and look for a good deal on newer versions 🙂

Thanks to all, you were very helpful!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't use an Outlook email address.

Please send me a PM with the username or a link to his account page on the Adobe forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you're welcome 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks all! This archive did the trick. No more update warnings since applying these. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

good to hear!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines