Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exe and .7z Files

May 19, 2012 May 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloaded Cs6 .exe and .7z files. What is the .7z file for? It does not appear to be an extract file, so I'm not sure what to do with it.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

2Wheeler%

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The EXE file is the installer 'bootstrap' utility, and the 7Z file contains the software package itself (the resources and the full installation program). You don't need to do anything with the 7Z file, as the bootstrap will unpack it automatically. It's used instead of ZIP because the 7ZIP compression is more efficient for the type of files being downloaded.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for clearing that up!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have just read this answer, helping me with the same query.

my question: after installing both the exe and the 7z files, do I need to keep the 7z file for adobe photoshop to work?  it is such a large file (over 1Gigabite)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Deleting it would be unwise, though the app will keep running. Adobe are fast getting rid of old downloads. Assume you will NEVER be able to get it again. Now imagine your computer disk has failed and you have a new one. Make sure all your downloads are SAFE - which means in more places than on your computer. Computer faults are expensive enough without having to buy all your apps again too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I use a Sata docking station and several 'bare' drives for backup
https://www.amazon.com/StarTech-com-External-docking-station-drives/dp/B00U8KSLA8/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines