• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

failed install for Creative Cloud, error code: 1 - tried all troubleshooting, brand new laptop and had it installed previously before doing a system restore..

Community Beginner ,
May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I am running a brand new laptop with Windows 8.1 64 bit.

I installed creative cloud when I first got the laptop and it was fine, no problems!

I then had to perform a system restore due to some auto updates which caused problems.   Now when I try to install creative cloud again, it downloads and then the second it starts trying to install I get the install failed, error code: 1 message.

I have tried everything in troubleshooting, i.e. Run the Adobe CC Cleaner tool, restart system, re-download CC, run as administrator, same error code: 1 message.

I am also running as an administrator user so nothing to do with that.

I have no idea what is continuing to cause this, have tried everything suggested to no avail, and the must frustrating part is that once upon a time it did actually work!  My laptap is fully up to date with all windows updates, both recommended and optional.

Please can somebody help me?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 11, 2015 May 11, 2015

I genuinely appreciate your prompt response to my query and please do not take this the wrong way, however I did state clearly in my opening post that the solutions given in the trouble shooting link that you sent to me did not work and yet you sent it to me anyway which is frustrating as I'd hoped I had taken the time to explain what I had already tried without success as clearly as possible.  Your suggestion to search the forums for other solutions was my final course of action before I came t

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Error Code 1: "Failed to install" | Creative Cloud Desktop : https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/failed-install-creative-cloud-desktop.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As already mentioned, I have tried everything mentioned in the trouble shooting link you just provided.

solution 1 - N/A as it is not currently installed so there is no option to uninstall

solution 2 - I have used the CC cleaner tool exactly as directed, restarted computer, re-download CC, right click and run CC as admin, SAME ERROR CODE: 1.

solution 3 - Running from an administrator account.  I am set up as an administrator account and this still makes no difference.

Please can you help me with any other suggestions that may be causing this?  As said, I had no problems the first time I installed it and it is now only since a system restore and downloading all windows updates that I now find it will not install. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you can try at this point is to search the forums for alternative approaches to a solution.  Use the Search Communities entry field at the top of the forum and enter Error Code 1 and see if you can find solved postings or those with different solutions than those you have tried.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I genuinely appreciate your prompt response to my query and please do not take this the wrong way, however I did state clearly in my opening post that the solutions given in the trouble shooting link that you sent to me did not work and yet you sent it to me anyway which is frustrating as I'd hoped I had taken the time to explain what I had already tried without success as clearly as possible.  Your suggestion to search the forums for other solutions was my final course of action before I came to my last resort of putting the query out here for an experts opinion.  I appreciate that plenty folk do not do this on forums so I do understand your direction here but unfortunately in my case there are no alternative solutions to my problem within the forum.

Fortunately after banging my head off a wall for the past 4 hours I have managed to figure out the solution for myself and I would like to share it for the sake of others who may be in the same position.

The problem revolves around turning off the requirement to enter a password when you first turn on the computer and enter windows 8.1.  Even though you are still an administrator and windows auto signs you in, this seems to conflict with the Adobe Creative Cloud install process.

To rectify the problem:

Hold Windows key and press R.

Type NETPLWIZ and press ok/return.

Click in the check box besides "users must enter a username and password to use this computer" to ensure that a tick is visible.

Now when your restart the computer you will be required to enter your password before windows starts.  Re-download Adobe CC and install.  Problem solved.

For what it's worth I did use the Adobe CC cleaner tool as well before the re-boot and install but I doubt this is necessary (and certainly didn't help at all before I re-activated the password upon windows start up).

I am sure this is just windows generally being a pain and not really Adobe's fault but it must be said that I have encountered no such problems with any other software downloads and installations thus far.

Hopefully this is valuable feedback for Adobe and will help them prevent a needless barrier to new customers purchasing their products.  I must admit, I was close to looking for software elsewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for replying with your solution - it could prove helpful and I will add it to the list of Error 1 possible solutions.

While I appreciate your feedback regarding my effort to help, I have to disagree with it because you did not make any reference to the link I provided in my response in your original post.  If you had I would not have provided it.  It is very easy to see links in postings and there is none evident in your initial posting.  I do not memorize what solutions are presented in such help documents as they can be quite lengthy, so if it is not clearly evident that the document was utilized I will provide on the chance that is has not been.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I shouldn't have to go running around a site that sends me in circles...I have the issue and I want it solved ASAP.... Not my place to spend the day trying to solve issues Adobe should be solving...I cant even get a phone number for them..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2015 Jun 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the exact same issue and contacted Adobe via live chat and they were amazing.  There were old files and needed to be replaced that needed to be erated.  I did let them access my computer and in 15 minutes everything was in great working order.  Excellent service from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2017 Jun 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish I could get them to do that for me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2017 Dec 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Great...you don't have a phone huber do you...because buggered if I can find one anywhere...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines