• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

folder left on desktop from cs6 upgrade

Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2012 Oct 29, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a folder called Adobe CS6 within which is one folder Photoshop within which are two pdf files and one more folder called Adobe CS6 within which are four folders: Deployment, packages, payloads, resources and one file Set-up.exe

What is this folder? Why is it on my desktop instead of in the more usual programs folder on the C drive? How can I move it to the less conspicuous Adobe folder on my C drive without altering CS6's function.

What is the Se-up.exe file and what does it set up? Bridge, perhaps?

thank you

Melody

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 29, 2012 Oct 29, 2012

When you download CS6 package from our website, it downloads 2 files - 1 with .7z extension and the other a .exe file.

The .7z file is a compressed zipped folder consisting of all the files and folders required for the installation and the .exe is just an extractor used to extract these files.

These extracted files go to a folder created on the desktop that you are referring to. The installation beguns by invoking the 'setup.exe' file in this folder.

You can either delete this folder or archive it

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the CS6 installer package.  It may have been extracted to the desktop by some default setting.

I'm pretty sure that you can safely move it to some other location.  It's possible that the Adobe Application Manager will ask for the new location next time you run it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you download CS6 package from our website, it downloads 2 files - 1 with .7z extension and the other a .exe file.

The .7z file is a compressed zipped folder consisting of all the files and folders required for the installation and the .exe is just an extractor used to extract these files.

These extracted files go to a folder created on the desktop that you are referring to. The installation beguns by invoking the 'setup.exe' file in this folder.

You can either delete this folder or archive it in case you need to install the software at a later time.

In case the need arises so,all you need to do is Run the 'setup.exe' file and it would start the installation of CS6.

Deleting this folder would in no way affect CS6 function.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2012 Oct 30, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mucho -- M

Melody Lytle

check out my website karenmelody.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Regarding the folder created on the desktop, I have two of them labled "Adobe CS6 Design Standard" and "Adobe CS6 Production Premium".

Where would be an ideal location other than "Desktop" to move these folders containing the extracted files? 

Is deleting these folders the better solution rather than relocating them (to clear up space for example) and if so why?  

Also, will any linking reference files be misplaced if I moved the folders to "Documents" or even deleted the folders altogether? 

I am not sure the "Documents" folder is an ideal location to move the folder into and I would like to know the best solution to archive or delete these folders/files and the reasoning behind doing so. 

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines