• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Get Adobe Support Advisor to detect problem ?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 26, 2017 Aug 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone,

I need help, I need to work!

just got a new mac book pro, mac os sierra 10.12.5. I want to install CS6 on my new computer and I have several questions :

-first I downloaded the installation file and i get this message :  "installer failed to initialize. This could be due to a missing file. Please download Adobe Support..." It says get to adobe support advisor, and I don't find anything to download.
What is Adobe Support Advisor? This thread seems to give the answer but once I go on Activity Monitor I don't find anything.

-Also, I hope I can use it with this latest mac os because on my last computer, even though I bought the license, I could not use illustrator and there was no answer I could find about it. I wonder if it was due to my mac that may have the latest update? If that's the case, it's a real problem because I would rather use every software I invested in !

-Other than that, going through the forum, I found out that I could install CS6 on two computer only. And I also have a small question about this because it is indeed the second labtop I want to install it with but with my old mac book pro I had disk issues and had to change the hard drive.. and so I had to re-install the CS6 on my machine, with the new hard drive. So I was just wondering if that counted as a second installation ..

Thank you,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 27, 2017 Aug 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installing Creative Suite on macOS 10.12 (Sierra)

You can install on as many machines as you like.  Of all those machines you can only have two activated in for use.  Of those two machines you can only be using the subscription on one at a time.  If you have an activation still active on a machine that you don't use then you should get it deactivated either by doing it yourself or contacting Adobe Support thru chat and asking them to reset (all) your activations.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 01, 2017 Sep 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply

So if I understand well I can install on all machines. Two can be activated. I think then that there is only one activated now (on my old computer). So I should be able to activate it on my new lab right ? Or do you think that if I installed it on a previous disk that was broken and given back to apple then it is still taken as activated ?

but most important is  this message:  "installer failed to initialize. This could be due to a missing file. Please download Adobe Support...". I can't even install CS6 on my new labtop. I don't really understand what to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Installer faild to initialize

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apple did not maintain backward compatibility, so try this to install old programs
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines