Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Hard disk change (installation path)

Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have a big worry. I transferred my Adobe software to my new SSD drive. But when I run creative cloud, it doesn't want to understand that it's not the same path anymore, I can't update creative cloud or software, I always get error 146.

I deleted Adobe on the old hard drive, even reinstalled Creative Cloud.
I checked in the creative cloud settings, the installation folder is on the correct SSD drive ...

However nothing does, I can no longer update.

Now Creative Cloud doesn't even detect my software (there is the "install" button) as if it is no longer in the folder, but it is there.
I need help please

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

>>I transferred my Adobe software to my new SSD drive

How do you have done it. You can't move an installation to a new path and/or drive. You have to reinstall it.

I would suggest a complete and clean reinstallation. 

Please follow the steps below: 

If you're unable to install the cc desktop app at this stage, use an administrator account (solution 4 here, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-missing-damaged.html) 

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

back up all personal data, like models, presets, etc.

Comment save presets, brushes ... etc? (I wouldn't find them then)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDIT: 

back up all personal data, like models, presets, etc.

Comment save presets, brushes ... etc? (I wouldn't find them then)

How to save presets, brushes ... etc? (I wouldn't find them then)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem/brush-folder-location/m-p/9306950

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.6 - Nik Collection 6.9 - PureRAW 4 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

... and here https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/preset-migration.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 11, 2021 Sep 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm really afraid of losing all my working files, my photoshop creations, my video edits ... etc by uninstalling and cleaning my computer from CC files. I am currently blocked because I can no longer use Media Encoder. I really need to reinstall and do your steps .. but ..

How can I be sure that I secure all my work, please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm really afraid of losing all my working files, my photoshop creations, my video edits ...

By @Syneos

Back them up on a couple of external drives.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We cannot choose the installation location of creative cloud, the installation application does not offer any choice for the location, this automatically puts on the SSD disk or locates Windows 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Syneos, I am very sorry, but the Creative Cloud desktop app and its shared resources will always be installed on the same drive/partition that contains the host operating system for the computer.  You can use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/change-install-location.html to adjust the install location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines