• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Has anybody figured out how to install photoshop 6.0 in windows 11?

New Here ,
Oct 13, 2022 Oct 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has anybody figured out how to install photoshop 6.0 in windows 11?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 30, 2023 May 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Only one minor quirk; PS6 uses the old school file menu, and it doesn't support large or extra large Icons.
So the folder seems to be empty until you click on just "Icon", "List" or "Details."
It always  defaults to Extra Large Icons. Does anybody know any way around this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You mean Windows File Explorer Icons? Those defaults are handled by your operating system.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-change-the-default-view-for-windows-1...

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes the reason for that is photoshop 6 uses the old style open/save dialogs last found system wide on Windows XP.

What resolution is your screen and do you have Windows Scaling set to something other than 100%?

I've always used Tiles, however, for me any of the other settings do seem to stick even on Windows 11.

Screenshot-(97).png

The big gotcha for older photoshop versions pre CS is to not have over 1 TB of free space

on the C drive or whatever drive you have set as a Scratch Disk or when starting ps 6 you'll get the "Scratch Disk Full" meassage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But how to download it? I found a box full of my dad's old stuff and he had a TDK CD that had photoshop 6,Acrobat Reader 4.05,PostScript Driver 5.1.2 and all of that stuff but running the installation for photoshop it just does nothing but in task manager it does appear that there is an installer. How can i download it or where do i find a download for PhotoShop 6.0 bc he also has a key for it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 04, 2023 Dec 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Jim34037767fa9f 

the cd has all the files needed for installation on a compatible os. ie, use compatibility mode when trying to install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2024 Sep 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I wish the Win98 fix did it for me. 

Just changes my problem to a white screen that spins 2 seconds and dies with no error.

Maybe because I have 6.0 not 6.1?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 03, 2023 Apr 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been working through some of the options offered below.  (Running Old 6.0 on Windows 11)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go back to the link Nancy provided to buy Photoshop Elements for a one time fee

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Seriously considering it.  I just thought if I went through the pain once and got it set up it might be worth it long term. My decription above probably took longer than the process.  Knowing what I know now it takes about one minute to install.  But if it crashes inbetween, as Nancy suggests,  it seems a worthless effort. After 20 years I think I got my money's worth. Bye to all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

c'mon, with that persistence and effort you should have no trouble with photoshop or photoshop elements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate your confidence.(smile)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you probably know more about installing ps 6 in the 21st century than anyone else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines