• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Help to find original email to register Lightroom 5

New Here ,
Oct 05, 2021 Oct 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bougtht Lightroom 5.0 and registered on my MacBook Pro. Now the motherboard no longer works. I have access to the backup files and the registration code, but I do not remember the email used, is there a way to resolve this please? I need to reinstall on my Windows 10 laptop and get a downloadable file for Win10.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm not sure what you're trying to resolve, but you can't "re-register".  you also will cause more problems if you try to use backup files or time machine to reinstall.

you just need your serial number and installation file to reinstall.

if you purchased from, or registered with adobe, you can check your account (using the correct adobe id) for your serial number, https://account.adobe.com

the installation files are here, New Adobe Lightroom 5: Direct Download Links + Difference vs. LR4 | ProDesignTools

follow the directions (esp, step 1)

save the install file. it won't remain online.

thank jim @ prodesigntools.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not positive, but I think that the Creative Suite programs were sold in OS-specific versions. In short, if you wanted to change from Apple to Windows, you had to pay a fee for cross-platforming. I don't think the Apple registration code will work to install the Windows version, assuming you can even get it.

CS is no longer sold or supported. If the above is true, you will not be able to change platforms.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

lightroom was licensed for both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah. I did not know that (obviously). Thanks for the info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No email required to install software if you have the following:

1. your original media (disks or downloads) you received at purchase and a way to read them,
2. a legitimate serial number for that version, language and platform (Win/Mac) and if it was an upgrade, a qualifying serial number from an older product,
3. an older operating system that can support legacy 32-bit apps.

NOTE 1 : Old installers may not won't work on macOS Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave without terminal workarounds. See the help article below.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines