• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I customize the installation location for Adobe Creative Cloud?

Explorer ,
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The App Manager does not let me specify any installation options for the apps. It installs them on C: on a windows system.

This is a HUGE design error in the era of SSD's. The Apps are very large, space on SSD's is tight. If I just manually download an Adobe app, as I have many times, I can select the target directory for installation. Unless I can do this with Cloud apps, I'm not going to remain a customer.

...one response above suggests I may be able to get around this, but I don't know - perhaps someone else does. In an earlier post here, Jeff Wright says: "If you are having problems installing the applications from the Adobe Application Manager please try downloading and installing the trial. "

Is this a solution?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 30, 2013 Jan 30, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Branching this to a separate discussion.

You can customize the installation within the Adobe Application Manager.  If you go to the preferences option in the top left hand corner under Preferences.  You can then adjust the install location.

I would recommend also reviewing Creative Cloud | Known issues - http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-known-issues.html.  In addition this topic has also been discussed at http://forums.adobe.com/message/4589809#4589809.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2023 Feb 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What lazy answers adobe guys gives here. Looks like a free app forum discussion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@RogerCanto 

you're commenting on a 10 year old thread.  do you have a current question?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't change the essence. And is where I end up in a sequence of "recommend reviewing ..." trying to change the whole usage of data from Adobe applications for other than "drive c". the creative cloud, and a lot, really a lot of files didn't find anything here that helps with that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@RogerCanto 

there's no way to prevent adobe from installing files on the os drive.  it's been that way forever.  it's not good, but that's the way it is, and nothing any of say is likely to change that. 

but, if you want to complain to adobe about it, for applicable apps, you can make (some) suggestions to adobe here, https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/x-productkb/global/how-to-user-voice.html

for others, use https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

you can't change were most (by bytes) of the files are located by using the cc desktop app preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines