• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I download and install an older version of Illustrator?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use a pattern-making plugin by Artlandia called Symmetry Works, and version 25.1 of Illustrator broke it. Their tech support says it still works with Illustrator 25.0, but I've already uninstalled that version and can't find how to re-download it. When I look up how to do that, Adobe support (https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/using/install-previous-version.html) tells me to find the app, then select "other versions". That option no longer exists, as you can see from my screenshot. Now it just says "learn more" and "uninstall".

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Oh, neer mind: I was on CC web : now I've downloaded the app to my desktop and I see preferences. AND I now see "older versions" — the secret was that I had to be using the desktop app, not just be logged in to the website. Problem solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on the latest version of the Creative Cloud application? If not then do an update and then try. Make sure you are logged in to Creative Cloud using the correct credentials as installation of previous versions is available only to subscribed users. You can also try logging out and then logging back in.

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 05, 2021 Feb 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Manan. As far as I know I'm logged in to the latest version of Adobe CC and am a subscriber to the full Creative Suite. I tried logging out and logging back in, but nothing changed. As you can see from this screenshot, I still don't get the option to download an older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you turn on "Show old apps" in Creative Cloud Preferences? While you are there, be VERY SURE to turn off auto-updating. When you are dependent on plug-ins this is vital, as plug-ins often don't work with new versions, sometimes for weeks or months, sometimes never.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Where do I find CC preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, neer mind: I was on CC web : now I've downloaded the app to my desktop and I see preferences. AND I now see "older versions" — the secret was that I had to be using the desktop app, not just be logged in to the website. Problem solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have the same problem.

I want to download Illustrator 24 (Nov 2019) because I'm running an old mac that can only go up to OS X 10.13.

I have an Adobe subscription and am signed in. It shows Illustrator as being Not Compatible, and when I go to More options next to Illustrator, it only shows Learn More.

I tried using the desktop app and web browser but both are the same.

I went into the preferences and changed to Show all apps, restarted the app, and no difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, Illustrator version 24 was the last to support macOS High Sierra... Try following the instructions here:

How to Get the Creative Cloud 2020 Direct Download Links

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 18, 2022 Sep 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can some one explain this Creative Clound thing to me? I just purchased an iMac with 10.15.7 and it looks like I have to get on this CC to get Illustrator and PS, and pay a subscription to do it. Can't I just buy the software somewhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@William261731448wbs no, there's no pay once and own forever ai or ps.  you can pay once for photoshop elements and premiere elements.

to purchase a cc subscription go here, https://creative.adobe.com/plans

where you can purchase annual (less per month, but a commitment like a car or apartment lease with a penalty if you fail to maintain payments) or monthly plans.

install the cc desktop app from here https://creativecloud.adobe.com/apps/all/desktop?action=install&source=apps&productId=creative-cloud and use it to install your adobe subscription and trial programs.

if you have trouble downloading, use the alternative download site at page bottom here, https://helpx.adobe.com/in/download-install/kb/creative-cloud-desktop-app-download.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Creative Cloud name can be confusing. It means nothing. Adobe just thought "Cloud" sounded exciting. So it's the new version of Creative Suite (you can't get Creative Suite any more).

At the same time that they changed the name, they changed (back in 2014) to a subscription only system. Things to know about subscriptions

- you can use the software only while you pay; stop paying, the software stops working

- there is no option to own it forever

- most subscriptions (the cheaper ones) are for a full year commitment, with automatic renewal

- if you have a full year commitment there is a penalty for cancelling early

- most people want "all apps", including Photoshop, Illustrator and many more. About $50 per month, full year commitment.

- there is a separate plan for Illustrator only. About $20 per month, full year commitment.

- there used to be a Photography Plan, about $10 per month, full year commitment. I am not sure if this plan still exists, and it may vary by country.

- otherwise, there are several $20 per month plans for Photoshop, full year commitment.

- yes, really, $40/month for two apps and $50/month for all of them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The Photography plan is definitely still offered, and ranges in price from $9.99 to $19.99, depending on the apps and storage included.

What Are the Differences Between Adobe's Photography, Photoshop and Lightroom Plans?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines