• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how can i install purchased Photoshop cs5 on macbook pro M1?

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can i install purchased Photoshop cs5 on macbook pro M1?

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

There is no way to install CS5 on an M1 running Monterey.

You'll have to dual boot with CS5 on an external hard drive running Mojave or earlier. [Update: Not an option for an M1 Mac]

Or sign up to a Cloud plan and run the current version of Photoshop natively on your M1.

You could try a Cloud plan for free for 7 days. If you choose not to purchase you MUST cancel the trial before the 7 days expires or it will automatically sign you up to a paid plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

No, Parallels won't work in this case. I hoped it would, but Parallels on an M1 computer will only run M1 systems (just as Parallels on an Intel computer will only run Intel systems). 

No, dual boot won't work. M1 computers can only run Big Sur or later.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , Apr 02, 2022 Apr 02, 2022

No, we explained it's impossible to run CS5 on an M1 Mac. You need to budget for all new apps with a new Mac. It's part of the Joy Of Mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just comes across the elements versions but not sure its "enough" for what i do. between two stools every time

By @davidmcd23

===========

You can try Premiere Elements before you buy.   It's affordably priced consumer-grade software without all the bells & whistles  -- or steep learning curve  -- of pro-level Premiere Pro.  Some people prefer it for that reason.

Just make sure your equipment can handle it.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-elements/system-requirements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have windows licences for premiere pro but i hadn't considered the possibility of using a new `pc to run cs5/6, i may look into that but knowing me, i'll just continue using what i hace. ironically i'm using an old version of safari on el cap so can't watch the videos! had to use my ipad and saw nothing of the interfaces. it feels like adverts for games that have 'not actual gameplay' briefly onscreen. either that or i'm just a grumpy old filmmaker. thanks for your time and effort in your replies

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for others, installing old software on a compatible os and then upgrading that os (or using a migration tool) is not the same ad installing directly to that upgrade os.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines