• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I recover my serial number / registration key for CS6

Explorer ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased this as a physical copy in 2012. A few days ago the computer it was installed on gave up the ghost. I managed to coax it back to life long enough to de-register (or whatever the correct term is) the software in preparation of installing it on the replacement. Now I can't find the original disc with the key on it. As I de-registered it, it no longer shows on my account or in the program. Any way to recover the key?

Cheers

Tammo Schwarz

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2022 May 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IIRC any edu purchases are handled differently. I'd check with customer service about that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe edu volume licenses came with a redemption code that had to be redeemed for a serial number.  But this is kind of a moot point since the OP has no edu installers. 

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I go to https://account.adobe.com/products I still see old programs that I de-ACTIVATED before selling a computer

I do not find any way to de-REGISTER a program to remove it from Adobe's list for my account

At this point I doubt that Adobe support can help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To de-register, one would have to complete transfer of ownership forms.   And EDU versions cannot be transfered.

https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/transfer-product-license.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines