• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I show an old Director project on a website?

New Here ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have an old project for an interactive film I created in  Director.

Is there any way to put it on a website so people can watch it and interact with it?

It has sections with audience interactivity, clicking which scene to watch next but there are also sections with scripts which randomly choose the direction of the film so I can't just put the individual film scenes on youtube and have the viewer click to make the selections.

I have the director project both as a dir file and as an exe file and all the original separate movie clips.

I also made it as a DVD using adobe encore with the randomised scene sector as well.

I know Adobe has discontinued Director but just wondering if anyone had any advice on what I could use instead.

Thanks

TOPICS
CC FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2023 Aug 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can use animate (canvas/html5 project) to put it on a website and people can interact with your website creation, but not with the video itself (of course) won't be interactive.

you would need to recreate, or hire someone like me to recreate, your project in animate because there's no automatic conversion from dir/exe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines