• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How can I transfer Adobe Photoshop CS4 to my new computer?

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2023 Apr 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a license for Adobe Photoshop CS4. I have it installed on one computer. I would like to move the installation to a different computer. I do not have an installer. I can't figure out how to download the installer anymore. Copying the program files over does not allow me to enter my license information, it's just broken.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot move Adobe apps. You need to reinstall. You need

- the installer (did you keep the original download)?

- the serial number

- a suitable operating system

- that the license was used only once before 

- a version that still supports being activated. There is confusing info; Adobe somewhere say you can no longer do this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"- a version that still supports being activated."- Yes, and currently that would only be CS5 and CS6.

From all I have read in the forums CS4 is "dead".

TBMK Even if you can install, it cannot be activated after the 30 day trial.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way you can copy the program over is if you have a disk image of more than just program files as there are system files also installed. You could try one of the old installers if the links are still active, but most are being taken down ( https://prodesigntools.com/download-adobe-cs4-and-cs3-free-trials-here.html ). But keep in mind that if this other computer is newer than your original one, it may not run CS4 because of the system requirements.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@seanm60706437 

you can reinstall cs4, BUT you cannot activate it. ie, it's no longer possible to use cs2, cs3 or cs4 on any computer with a recent installation beyond the 30 day trial period.

ie, leave your old installation alone. it will continue to work unless you make a significant hardware change or try to reinstall it.

=======================================

in the future, to find the best place to post your message, use the list here, https://community.adobe.com/

p.s. i don't think the adobe website, and forums in particular, are easy to navigate, so don't spend a lot of time searching that forum list. do your best and we'll move the post if it helps you get responses.

<moved from using the community>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines