• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Change Illustrator CS6 Language to English?

Community Beginner ,
May 12, 2012 May 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just downloaded and installed Illustrator CS6...except that it's in Portuguese. How can I change the Language to English?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Download it in the correct language and install again and also make sure your system language is actually set to English. Trials/ unserialized versions always use the system language. If you have a serial, verify that the serial is actually an English one...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 13, 2012 May 13, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download it in the correct language and install again and also make sure your system language is actually set to English. Trials/ unserialized versions always use the system language. If you have a serial, verify that the serial is actually an English one...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 24, 2012 May 24, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope there will be a way of changing language in an installed app in the future. Any plans for that Adobe? I am running creative cloud, and it was supposed to be all english versions, which I wanted. Some of the programs install in Swedish anyway. Why not have an option when you download the program? Native language or English. That would make life easier. I want english versions, but my system language still set to swedish. I have an internet connection that have a limited downlod every month (and it is not high speed either) so this is quite annoying....

::mb

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Mac you can use "Language Switcher" http://www.tj-hd.co.uk/en-gb/languageswitcher/ .

I had to use it and it works.

My trial installation was German (because my Mac is localized in Germany). I bought the English version, because I always worked with it and I'm very used to it.

I could switch Photoshop to English in it's preferences, but not Illustrator. So when the trial period expired, Illustrator (German) did not work anymore, though Photoshop CS6 (English) worked (I have the CS6 PP).

After switching Illustrator's language to English, it instantly became the full licensed version I bought.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 19, 2012 Jun 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think this article will answer your questions .

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-trial-mode.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2015 Aug 30, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By system language I guess you mean the language of Windows.  I am using a Japanese computer but want to use Ilustrator in English.  I am not sure what to do?  Doubt I can download another trial version.  Any help you can give me on this would be great as I won't be able to really try out the software in Japanese.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i want trial photoshop cc. i have limited internet (web) i download photoshop cc (1.6 gb ) they no ask me language. and i want use english but no. they download  my pc languege i want setting change but they put select only one language. i very dont like and  i delete photoshop and creative cloud. i want other people learn. if download 1,6 gb and if wait 2 or 3 hour and finish download creative cloud only your language. no english.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 15, 2014 Oct 15, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

adobe help language english. people want english photoshop trial. but no download english language . if people want learn english photoshop. Adobe say ? : please no use english language photoshop trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2015 Sep 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ON MAC:

1. Go to Applications.

2. Find Adobe illustrator CS5/6.

3. Right Click, Show Package Contents.

4. Contents.

5. Resources.

6. Rename: (Rename whatever language file your software is on) to en_US or en_GB.

Mine in this case is fr_FR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 21, 2015 Oct 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the solve!)   BUT, I am noticing that this fix only affects the main menus- all pop-ups and dialog boxes are still in the original language... any fix for that?

Also, do you have any info on changing language of other CS6 apps like Bridge, In Design, Premier , ect.?     would be greatly appreciated!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2020 Jan 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ON Windows:

1. Go to Program Files\Adobe\

2. Find Adobe illustrator CS5/6.

3. Then Goto Support Files\Contents\Windows

4. Rename: (Rename whatever language file your software is on) to en_US or en_GB.

Mine in this case is fr_FR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This does not really fix this issue. Most items are still not in English

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just deleted the language i didnt want from the folder where its installed and changed the language in the setting xml and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2021 Dec 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

How did you do that? Please help thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines