• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do i cancel my subscription without paying the fee?

New Here ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, i would like to ask how to cancel my subscription without paying the fee. I created my account and i was told that i can cancel anytime. Just now when i wanna cancel i found out that i have to pay 50% of my yearly subscription. I only used two months of my adobe membership and i want to cancel it. It is just a waste of money and I do not use it that much. I could not find any phone number or a chat where i can reach someone other that a bot. If anyone has or had the same problem as me please respond. I do not know what to do. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 18, 2019 Jun 18, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this query to Adobe Creative Cloud​ community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 19, 2019 Jun 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have completed the subscription you have accepted the subscription terms. There you'll find that in case of a cancellation after 14 days a cancellation fee is payable.

https://www.adobe.com/legal/subscription-terms.html

My System: Intel i7-8700K - 64GB RAM - NVidia Geforce RTX 3060 - Windows 10 Pro 22H2 -- LR-Classic 13.2 - Photoshop 25.5 - Nik Collection 6.8 - Topaz Photo AI 2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To avoid the fee you chose to accept (”annual paid monthly” means you agree to pay for the year) cancel just before the end of the year.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

helenap30827650  wrote

I created my account and i was told that i can cancel anytime.

Who told that? And yes, you can cancel anytime, but if you are on the cheap annual subscription you need to pay the early termination fee, as agreed upon when you took the subscription. If you are on the more expensive monthly subscription you can cancel anytime without obligations.

If you want to discuss this with Adobe you should Contact Customer Care .

This is a forum for technical problems. Account and plan problems can only be discussed with an Adobe Customer Care agent.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Either cancel early and incur a 50% penalty fee.  Or ffulfill your 12 month agreement and pay no penalty fee.

It's your choice.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, and I strongly object to paying a fee to cancel!!  I don't need Adobe, and just agreed to a trial then I noticed my the monthly charges on my visa.  I want to cancel. Period.  No expensive cancellation fee that I cannot afford!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 13, 2023 Feb 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Margaret28394873ulc5 

make your case ti adobe support.  there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies
and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just curious if you had this resolved. I have the same problem. I thought I was signing up for a trial, but ended up with a subscription that is asking me to pay a 50 percent fee if I cancel. Super frustrating ... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kristen29122876tms0 

each case is evaluated on it's own merits. make your case to adobe support. there are 3 ways to contact adobe; chat, phone and twitter:

chat:

phone:
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact/phone.html

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam, https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/staying-safe-in-the-adobe-support-com...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help canceling my plan without fees. I am a college student who no longer needs adobe because the class I was using it for is over. I cannot afford to pay another month of adobe I am tight on money as it is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

make sure you're aware of the cancellation terms by selecting your plan type (at the top of the page here), https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/creative-cloud-subscription-terms.html

for info on how to cancel your subscription, this page describes the few steps involved, https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/using/cancel-subscription.html

if you want to cancel but are unable to follow the steps described in the "how to cancel page", contact adobe support.

there are 2 ways to contact adobe; chat and twitter (now x):

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies, and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen

twitter/x:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not helpful I cannot afford to pay for adobe any longer also I cannot afford an $80 cancellation fee!!!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

did you contact adobe support?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot find a phone number to contact any adobe support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

i posted the 2 ways to contact adobe.  again, there are 2 ways to contact adobe; chat and twitter (now x):

chat:

twitter/x:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines