• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the country on my account?

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2013 Apr 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to purchase Adobe Creative Cloud but can't do that until I change the country on my account. I've tried creating a new Adobe account (as suggested) but I'm not able to use the same login details. HELP! I only have one email address, so how do I create a new account with my existing Adobe information?

I'm also worried that if I create a new account, all my previous info will be lost? Because I already own Adobe Creative Suite CS3, I'm eligible for the $29.99 p/month deal. Will I still be able to do this if I create a new Adobe account?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Yes, you should be able to use your CC subscription anywhere.

Creative Cloud Availability across the world

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 16, 2013 Apr 16, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi ktktlouise,

Sorry for the inconvenience caused to you for this, but the country can not be changed, However you can place an order on a new email ID, and we can ensure that you get it at a cheaper price, I have sent you an email, please revert to it with the relevant information and we shall get your problem resovled, ASAP.

- Nitin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 17, 2013 Apr 17, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem.  The solution provided is unacceptable.  I have all of my product Keys stored on my current account that will be lost or "not linked" if I have to create a different account.  I know first hand that this situation is costing Adobe money and they should fix this ASAP.  I would've purchased the Creative Cloud subscription months ago if the system would have allowed me.  I am still waiting for them to fix my account in order to subscribe to the service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies for the inconviniece caused to you alfredogotay, however, if you want to buy the CCM, it iif you dont have your email id sync'ed , you can simply enter your serial number, and you will be eligible for the discount.

- LP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am learning just how poorly equipped Adobe is in regards to customers moving overseas and continuing with a cloud subscription. I have just found that I cannot change my 12 month cloud subscription to accept payment from a Japanese credit card because I subscribed from Australia.

I think Adobe needs to do better than this! People do change country from time to time, along with that, they even change bank accounts sometimes too. Why should they be penalized for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2013 Jun 14, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nitin thanks for the tip that worked for me...yet hard to call this a user friendly solution.

I'm in the same boat as other users. I moved from Ireland to US and couldn't change my country on my profile. Which lead to inability to use US credit card to use for any purchases of Adobe products. I had to resort to creating new account under diffrent email address and then provided serial number from my old account to be eligible for Creative Cloud discount.

Well that's really not how it should work. I think Adobe is shooting themselves in the foot with such approach to managing users accounts. It supposed to be software for creative people. Well we creative people tend to move from place to place and inability to adjust something such basic like a country in your address is just incomprehensible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2015 Jul 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem but do not want to create new email, Ive been using this email for years. Please advice? I made my Adobe account in Qatar and now I have to do work but can't get premier pro in south africa? There has to be an easier way. I too have purchased the product, and can't use it??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2018 Aug 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same country of origin issue. How the heck did this happen? I have been using the same account and paid in US dollars. If adobe made this alteration Adobe should fix it not the customer. I never moved to another country. I am frustrated with the chat customer support. There is no phone no to call. What is going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 07, 2018 Aug 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2013 Aug 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is just unacceptable. We are paying customers, we use the cloud and we're supposed to back everything up on our computers, makes a new account and upload it back again ? One thing for sure, I won't ever use the cloud storage on my CC account since I can't rely on it. I'm moving around the world a lot and I don't want to have to change account every 6 months or do international banking transactions just to pay my credit card bill from another country because my CC acount is stuck on it.

I will really reconsider things when the time comes to renew my subscription. I love CC, but that's a deal breaker in my case. And I don't have time to waste on something that should be so easy. Really I don't get it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2015 May 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Has this been solved with a more user friendly solution? I'm about to move to another country, and having to start again from scratch with a new account is like pushing the issue to customers rather than solving them...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi JF,

This isn't a perfect approach, but it might help (depending on your email provider):

Change the country associated with your Adobe ID

Official Gmail Blog: 2 hidden ways to get more from your Gmail address

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 27, 2015 Oct 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For everyone else, following the instructions at these two links may help for CC:

how to change your membership once you move country?

and

changing account without re-install the suite

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have an adobe cc subscription and move to a country where adobe cc services are not available, can I still use the product till my subscription expires or will I have to get a new one as soon as I change countries???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you should be able to use your CC subscription anywhere.

Creative Cloud Availability across the world

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2016 May 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I used the advise on the Offical Gmail Blog: 2 hidden ways to get more from your Gmail address....worked great! Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2015 May 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm English, resident in Oman, with an Omani credit card but made the mistake of trying to purchase whilst staying in Thailand!  Now I can't use my email address as its classed as Thailand with my Omani credit card and cannot change the country!  Over the next 5 years I am going to be changing my billing address from Oman to Thailand and back again and Adobe just cannot seem to be able to handle this.  How do other Digital Nomads handle this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They don't same issue here, they just don't care.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reading all the above, this is definitely a recurring problem that needs addressing. I moved from Geneva to London, would like to update my payment details and country. Managed to update my country but can't change my payment details? Sort yourself out Adobe, this is ridiculous. And the whole tax thing? Well then why is it so easy to change details in my Apple ID ... surely they would have the same 'tax' issues. Can you provide additional explanation as to why you function like this?

The solutions you're providing are rubbish. Thanks for nothing ! My next bill is on 11th October, I won't be paying it and will cancel my subscription.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 20, 2016 Sep 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Catherine,

I understand that it does create some few extra issue, as we need to abide by international policies & guidelines, so the country in

1. Adobe ID

2. Credit Card

3. Adobe Store/ region

has to same. The tax is calculated as per Country & billing detail, they can not be mismatched.

Please let me know by private messaging if you need any further assistance. I will be happy to help.

Regards

Rajashree

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2016 Sep 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move from France to London and have the same issue since I would like to pay with my UK card (don't have a French card). Adobe staff, please help me?

Victoria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 05, 2016 Oct 05, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are not correct regarding the credit card. It should not have to match the country of purchase. If I e.g. purchase something in France with a UK credit card I pay French sales taxes, even if the card is from UK. The credit card origin should not have to match the ID and store. It is quite common for e.g. people moving between countries to have credit cards issued in another country than where they live, which they can still use without issues, except for Adobe Stores. As many are pointing out, your purchasing policies are outdated and very impractical for many customers.

Greg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2016 Nov 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a pain. I'm going through this now too. Moved from Australia to the U.S and can't move my account across.

I have so many settings and things associated with my account, it's not as straightforward as just creating a new account. Not to mention years and years of previous products I have registered with my current account.

What happens to those? What happens to my behance page and all other items tied to my account?

It seems I've either got to loose all that stuff, or continue to pay in Australia, with my Australian credit card.

There's got to be a better way? If I could at least move all my preferences, or save them easily, rather than for EACH program, that might be nice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2022 Jul 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In 2022 it is still a problem I have my card in Denmark, but can not use my card from Tanzania, and it is a bit rubbish that you can because of tax issues or other things. Others can do it, i/we can do it on our company accounts without any issues at all. SO that is a poor excuse.
But might have to do with it being an American company and why many banks around the world do not want American customers as they always have issues with the American Authorities.
But still, other companies do not have the same issues, so it sure seems like it is Adobe that has a problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problems. I moved from Philippines to USA. I was about to purchase adobe cloud but whatever I do-ie. change password, put my us number- nothing worked in changing my location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines