• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change the country on my account?

New Here ,
Apr 09, 2013 Apr 09, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to purchase Adobe Creative Cloud but can't do that until I change the country on my account. I've tried creating a new Adobe account (as suggested) but I'm not able to use the same login details. HELP! I only have one email address, so how do I create a new account with my existing Adobe information?

I'm also worried that if I create a new account, all my previous info will be lost? Because I already own Adobe Creative Suite CS3, I'm eligible for the $29.99 p/month deal. Will I still be able to do this if I create a new Adobe account?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 30, 2016 Jun 30, 2016

Yes, you should be able to use your CC subscription anywhere.

Creative Cloud Availability across the world

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is 2018 January 28. There is no way to change country. Adobe gives the false impression that I can do that by contacting them. But there is no way to contact them. Chat, Phone doesn't work - or at least I don't have the patience to wait for someone to show up. This sucks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2018 Jan 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why don't Chat or Phone work for you?

Just contacted Adobe via chat last month to take care of something, and it worked fine... Wait time was maybe a minute or two.

Change the country associated with your Adobe ID

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2019 Nov 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is still no way to change the country information from the account.
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/change-country-associated-with-adobe-id.html#chan...
The tips from this help center are useless. I called 
Customer support, and they said I have to cancel my current plan. However, after canceling my subscription, I still cannot change my card place from UK to Taiwan.  And they told me that I have to create a new account which I really don't want to.

I found many people have the same problem since many years ago, and Adobe never solves this problem. They totally don't care about their customers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's 2021, and I'm facing the same problem. I lived in India, moved to the UK and 3 years later, my Indian card expired. I called to update to a UK payment method; Adobe wouldn't allow me to do that. So, I cancelled my account on the advice of a support agent. Now they want me to re-subscribe using a new email id. 

Why can't adobe start fresh? I'm willing to pay UK taxes, subscription fee and all. Why is the email tied to a location? Apple lets you continue with your email id even when you move to a different region and your subscription fees differ. All they do is ask you to cancel existing subscriptions and subscribe again from the new region with a new payment method.  

This is the worst experience ever. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2020 Sep 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is so incredible~!!

I am an old customer since the begining of Adobe Creative Cloud, I live in China since 8 years now.
I can't change my country to China, without loosing all my datas from that time being.
I am charged with an incredible amount of taxes from my country, even I pay taxes in China and not there (I am not there since 8 years).

It's a very inconvenient logistic to send money from China to my credit card just to pay Adobe's fee.
On top of it my account would normally cost US$599 and I pay 860 dollars per year instead!!!!
I basically loose 261 dollars thanks to Adobe terrible logistic.

Recently I have been charged twice for my subscription (just realized today I have been billed yearly on top of monthly subscription).

Asked for cancelled this right away (They got two subscriptions under the same account!!).

So it's possible to be charged twice for the same service, but not change the country where you are billed from, even when you live and pay your taxes there since 7 years!

I call this rubbish.

Looking for switch to other services, this is getting to expensive and un adapted to my needs.
Already stopped to pay yearly and switch to monthly (no benefit to pay it all at once anyway).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the exact same problem. Moved from the UK to Spain and cannot pay wth my Spanish credit card unless I creat a new account. wow! such a basic admin issue that Adobe cannot handle. as soon as there is a copeting roduct, Adobe is gong to ose outr big time. Wake up guys!! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

In order to pay for Adobe subscription the Country and address should match with the one mentioned on the card. 

It would not allow you to place an order otherwise. 

Let us know if you have any other questions. 

Thanks 

Kanika

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines