• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do I install my adobe programs to my SD card , Macbook

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2022 Mar 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi , I currently use a SD card on my MacBook , but I've noticed when I've tried to change the install location through adobe cloud that it doesn't allow me to choose my SD card as an appropriate place. I was wondering if there was any way I could put my adobe programs on the SD card , so I can save space on my mac.

(The error I get when I try to change the location to the my SD card)Screen Shot 2022-03-02 at 6.57.25 pm.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 02, 2022 Mar 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to the Download & Install forum from Using the Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you'd need a plug-in SSD rather than a memory card. Even then it's really not recommended to use a removable device.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be time for a new computer with a larger hard drive.

What are the complete computer specs, including hard drives (how many, what kind, what is on each, what capacity, and how full)?
What Adobe applications are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

- I'm currently using photoshop, encoder, illustrator, InDesign, premiere, and after affects (I'm a design student)

-  I'm using a  Transcend SD card which just is plugged into my computer 24/7 (it has 250 GB on it)

- My current Macdrive has only around 4 GB left as to why I want to move my adobe programs onto the SD card

Screen Shot 2022-03-03 at 11.03.47 am.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would be very surprised if Premiere Pro and After Effects would run well from an SD card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure that you can install the Adobe apps on a drive other than the primary HDD.   It would be preferred to save the files on your attached drive and install the programs directly onto your hard drive.  One reason you probably cannot install to the SD card is that it is not formatted as a Mac hard drive. Simply having a storage device does not mean that it is formatted as Mac Extended to be able to install the app.  Also in addition to that there are cache files that will reside on your HDD regardless of where you install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can try creating a new directory in the root of your sd card and installing to that.  it will most likely fail, but it's your best chance to see if adobe has loosened its restrictions on install locations.

if that does fail, then you've confirmed you cannot install on that drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks for your response! How would i create a new directory in my sd card ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Same as creating a folder on any drive. Use Finder to locate the SD card then create a new folder.

It's highly unlikely to work. Adobe apps want to be where the operating system is.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines