Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you stop Adobe spam?

Engaged ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey everyone!

I have all notifications turned off in my account and yet I continue to get the red dot icon notifying me of new spam from Adobe. I made sure that "marketing" notifications are turned off too.

So how do we get Adobe to stop spamming its paying customers?

Thanks!
Scot

Screen Shot 2018-10-03 at 2.31.25 PM.png

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 03, 2018 Oct 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you seeking out these notifications or are they popping up while working with the products?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 06, 2018 Nov 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, thanks for the reply.

There is an icon in the OS X menu bar at the top and there is a bright red dot when I have a notification. So no, I'm not seeking it out. It's showing up on my screen in front of me, notifying me that Adobe spammed me with a pitch for me to use Portfolio, for example.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. In my case, I want to see that notification dot when there is an update available to one of that apps I have installed so that I can update. But I don't want to see notifications about marketing stuff. In Creative Cloud preferences I have unchecked all the boxes that seem to be relevant to notifications, but still I keep getting notified about marketing messages. This is very annoying, because every time I see that red dot I click into it expecting to see an update for my apps. But more often it is just a marketing message wasting my time. How do I disable that?

UPDATE:

According to this thread, it is Adobe's policy NOT to let customers mute notifications about their spam.

Re: How to disable ads notifications in Creative Cloud App?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 02, 2019 Apr 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To toggle Notifications, go to Preferences > General.  See screenshot.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. I've had that setting turned off as well as all of the "Show OS Notifications" settings, but it didn't work. However, I just spoke with an Adobe customer service rep who suggested that re-installing the Creative Cloud desktop app would fix the issue. I did that, and I'll have to wait and see if it will actually block future notifications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having a similar issue with lewd PDFs being added to my Samsung Adobe app and they are not able to even be deleted! How do I stop this from happening or at the very least, how do I make the files have the ability to be deleted.

Screenshot_20220122-142221_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

 

Screenshot_20220122-142221_Acrobat for Samsung.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is NOT an Adobe problem.  Security begins with you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is an Adobe problem because the PDFs are inside my Adobe Cloud files and there is not option to delete file or block sender...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You must have put them there. 

Or someone has access to your Creative Cloud account.  Did you share your Adobe ID with anyone?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines