• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to find agent to help me activate CS6 apps?

Explorer ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been trying for days to get my three Adobe CS6 apps re-activated from my old iMac to my new iMac. OS10.14.3. I was only able to get a 30 day trial offer for all three apps. 

So, I texted with an Adobe agent who used Remote Support to enter my iMac and reinstall Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign CS6.  He couldn't get it to work. We arranged a call back time to try again. No one called.

Texted to another AGENT yesterday who gave me another call back time today. No one called again. Each time I sit by my phone for hours waiting.

Today, when I tried to text the AGENT the third time, the chat window wouldn't even open up saying I did not have a subscription. I am a retired graphic designer and do not want or need a monthly subscription. 

Finally texted with another AGENT who gave me a phone number to call for Canada. I think I reached India(?).  When I spoke to her, she assured me they would call me back in 24 hours, for the fourth time! Do I believe these people at all?

Is there a secret to find an AGENT who can help me resolve this issue once and for all? I'm getting desparate. 😞

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I doubt that you find anyone from Adobe to help... CS6 is old and no longer supported, except to reset an activation count... as I said in https://community.adobe.com/t5/download-install/how-to-re-activate-cs6-apps/m-p/12310317

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, I get that CS6s are old. I'm a retired graphic designer and want to continue to use them for a few more years for a few clients I have. I followed your advice to reach an AGENT. That's what I was trying to do. I de-activated the apps on my old iMac and wanted to re-activate thm on my new iMac. One Agent tried for 45 minutes on Remote Support to work on my computer.  He said he would call back to finish the job. Three times we have had call back times arranged. Why would they say that and NOT do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

John, 

Well, after days of trying, calling, leaving messages and promises that Adobe would call back at such and such a time, I finally did get Adobe to call back. Used their Chat forum and reached an Agent.

Had a great hour phone chat with someone in India! Nice guy. He used Remote Support to access my iMac and deleted ALL Adobe files and there were many. Some I would never have found or known about. Then he downloaded those three CS6 apps and initialized them. He said they would all be working now.
BUT, when I launched the apps the first time, it said I have to activate them and need to get a Response Code. But it said I was not connected to the internet.!? I tried calling Adobe again and left messages. No call back.
I finally went to Adobe Problem Solving and found the solution. Everything is working now using three CS6 apps in Mac OS 10.14. Very happy!

Not sure how long I will be able to use CS6 apps, so have started trying to learn Affinity apps and hope to glean off Adobe. I will not pay for a monthly subscription service for ever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't upgrade from Mojave. That's the last MacOS that will support CS6. With Catalina, they moved to a fully 64-bit architecture and the 32-bit apps will no longer run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines