Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get updates again after windows restoration

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Last week I got latest versions of Lightroom and Photoshop using Creative Cloud app.

At the end of the week I had to restore windows because of an issue with my graphic tablet.

Now when I start Creative Cloud app, it is displayed there is no update for Lightroom and Photoshop although there are in an older version due to the windows restoration.

How can I get the latest versions ?

Thaks for you help.

Regards

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Hello Jeff,

Finally, I launched Creative Cloud Desktop, and from this app :

- I uninstalled Lightroom Classic keeping all parameters,

- I installed again Lightroom Classic

Everything went well. The latest version has been installed.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nours, can you please provide more information about how Windows was restored to the computer. For example, did you format the computer and then restore Windows from a recover volume, or was a different process utilized?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff,

I restored Windows using a restoration point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see, Nours, then who knows what state the computer will now be in.  Using system recovery can be very problematic because files and settings are replaced from an earlier time.  It is best used to recover documents or files but can make the situations much more complicated for application installations.

You can try to recover by removing all currently installed Adobe applications using the CC Cleaner Tool from https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html.  Once the software is removed, you can use the process listed in https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/download-install-app.html to reinstall Photoshop and Lightroom CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff,

Finally, I launched Creative Cloud Desktop, and from this app :

- I uninstalled Lightroom Classic keeping all parameters,

- I installed again Lightroom Classic

Everything went well. The latest version has been installed.

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 23, 2021 Nov 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the update, Nous!  I am happy to hear you were able to get Lightroom Classic installed and launched successfully!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines