Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to install CS5 from Mac to Windows

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, 

I bought Photoshop CS5 for my MacBook a while ago and it recently stopped working. I tried to reinstall it from my account onto my windows PC but I only have the option to download .dmg files in various languages and not the windows .exe file. Anyone know how I can download CS5 for my Windows PC?

Thanks! 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cross-platform installations were not available with version CS5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is no way of doing that any more, I'm afraid.

Back in the Creative Suite days, purchases were platform specific: Windows only or Mac only. Adobe did offer crossgrades from Windows to Mac and vice versa but that stopped many years ago. Even then, crossgrades still involved a paid-for upgrade e.g. CS5 Windows to CS6 Mac.

Have you considered subscribing to a Cloud plan and running modern software on your Windows device? One advantage of Cloud apps is that the operating system no longer matters; you can run them on Mac or Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can download and install a windows version, but you can't activate it, because the mac and win programs would have different serial numbers (as mentioned by @Barbara Ash).  with the win version, you would be installing a 30 day trial version.

here are links to the cs5 trial versions, https://prodesigntools.com/all-adobe-cs5-direct-download-links.html

follow the directions (esp, step 1)

save the install file. it won't remain online.

thank jim @ prodesigntools.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines