• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to install lightroom 6 on new mac

New Here ,
Sep 29, 2022 Sep 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have stand alone non subscription Lr 6 on my old macbook OS BigSur 11.7. How can i install it on my new macbook OS Monterey?

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if it's compatible with your computer,  you can check prodesigntools.com, which is an official adobe partner, download links are available via https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-direct-download-links.com

follow the directions (esp, step 1
save the install file
thank jim@prodesigntools.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No guarantee that it will install, but Lightroom 6.14 here https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom-classic/help/lightroom-6-end-of-support.html

IF/When you do have a download, be sure to copy it to AT LEAST one external device
-you should ALWAYS keep a copy (or two!) on an external device
-since Adobe DOES SOMETIMES REMOVE OLD VERSIONS FROM THE SERVER
-a usb flash drive or external hard drive, or write to a CD or DVD
-plus a text file containing your serial number if you have a serial number program

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 30, 2022 Sep 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can i install it on my new macbook OS Monterey?

Simple answer- You cannot!  The 32bit installer will not run in the 64bit Monterey OS.

See another thread with similar question-

6.14 and Catalina (and now Monterey) OPTIONS

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@niallh94204942, because lr 6 is 64 bit there's an outside chance that you can migrate it from your older computer to your new one.  i'm not sure you'd want to try that because it might not work and it might cause problems on your new computer.

but if you are comfortable with apple's computer restore, that's something to consider.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried that but no joy. Looks like there"s no way to do it. Thanks for the help all the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

sorry about that, but you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines