• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to move dynamiclinkmediaserver out of my documents folder to anywhere else?

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2012 Oct 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I delete it and it keeps coming back, cluttering up my Documents (os x) folder.  How can I get Photoshop CS6 to put it somewhere else? (or do I have to hide it like one does with Microsoft Office?)  In advance, thanks!  Bruce Spear

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Oct 07, 2012 Oct 07, 2012

It can't be done. It's supposed to work this way. The only way to avoid this would be changing your system variables/ folder forwarding on a global level...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Oct 07, 2012 Oct 07, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It can't be done. It's supposed to work this way. The only way to avoid this would be changing your system variables/ folder forwarding on a global level...

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 08, 2012 Oct 08, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, Mylenium, for your quick and definitive response! 

I've gotten so used to using Documents for documents, that I'm ready to take the plunge. 

But the last time I fired up vi and messed with environmental variables was ten years ago, and with people beside me who really knew what they were doing, so what I see in front of me is half a weekend playing around with this on my old 486 linux machine before attempting to change this on my working machine: this could be fun, but I'll admit fear and hesitation. 

Maybe a tip or two will give me confidence. 

Any chance you might advise me on where best to start: do I look at how to work with ~/.profile, ~/.MacOSX/environment.plist, ~/.launchd.conf, or /etc/launchd.conf?  If you might offer a tip or two I'll be grateful! 

Bruce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some weird reasons Adobe keep having this unsollicited file in Documents where most of us store our own files. I really don't get why they did not change its location since it's reallt annoying.

Nevertheless, if you feel like using Terminal you can always hide the file by typing the following:

chflags hidden ~/Documents/Adobe

Once again, I don't get why Adobe is not providing any real solution to its users problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Windows 10 and also want to get rid of this 3rd party intervenience with my personal folders. I think I read the first messages and requests about this subjects almost 10 years ago, and Adobe still did not solve this? Please fix this asap. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have Creative Cloud (subscription) or Creative Suite CS6 or something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed. Eleven years later and Adobe is still doing this! 🤦

Uhl_0-1698595082656.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there's no reason to expect any change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Anyone annoyed by this should upvote the following "idea" I created as directed by Adobe support:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/lightroom-classic-ideas/stop-creating-adobe-dynamiclinkmediaserver-fo...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines