• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to re-activate CS6 apps?

Explorer ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am retired graphic designer and mostly do volunteer work now.  I just transferred my work files from an old iMac to a new iMac with OS10.14.6. I need to continue to use my CS6 apps to access previous design files using Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator on my Mac Book Pro and new iMac. 

I was able to deactivate all three, but could only activate Illustrator.

Photoshop  only allowed me to do an CS6 Extended option which says it ends in 30 days. Why will it end?

InDesign shows an Adobe Application Manager app and a blank window when I try to activate. No buttons to activate.

How can I get these last two apps working again on my new iMac? I do need to use them asap!

TOPICS
Activation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

The only support for CS6 is to reset your activation count if you were not able to DE-activate on an old computer

When you can't deactivate a serial number
BE SURE TO ONLY ASK FOR ACTIVATION SUPPORT TO ADJUST YOUR ACTIVATION COUNT
You may need to PERSIST or TRY AGAIN to find a support agent with more experience

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
-make sure that your browser does

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

1. Your Mac User profile must have administrative permissions to install, move & write files on your primary hard drive.

2. Legacy Creative Suite installers won't work on macOS Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave without terminal workarounds. See the help article below for details.
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

As long as you NEVER upgrade your Mac, you should be OK for a while.   Glad Adobe was able to help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 28, 2021 Jul 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Windows... is that known as Catalina? Or maybe Sierra?

If Catalina, CS6 is not compatible

https://macpaw.com/how-to/downgrade-from-catalina or
https://www.macworld.co.uk/how-to/mac-software/downgrade-macos-3581872/

If Sierra, Apple did not maintain backward compatibility, so try this to install old programs
https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/install-creative-suite-mac-os-sierra.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mac OS10.14 is Mojave. The links you gave are for Creative Cloud. I only have individual CS6 apps.

I need to be able to re-authorize InDesign and Photoshop on my new iMac. Can I call someone to get that done?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2021 Jul 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only support for CS6 is to reset your activation count if you were not able to DE-activate on an old computer

When you can't deactivate a serial number
BE SURE TO ONLY ASK FOR ACTIVATION SUPPORT TO ADJUST YOUR ACTIVATION COUNT
You may need to PERSIST or TRY AGAIN to find a support agent with more experience

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link
Do be aware that Adobe's staffing is impacted by the virus, so wait times are long
-make sure that your browser does NOT block ads, scripts, or pop-ups
-you must also allow 'cookies' in your web browser for the link to work
This link will go directly to the chat option
Type "Agent" in the chat box to bypass the chatbot and be connected to a person
-Meaning type in the word Agent without the quote " " marks
https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
Also: beware of answering anyone who sends you a private message
-click for more information about scammers https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks John. Will give that a try after weekend. My fingers are crossed. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I deactivated three Adobe CS6 apps from my old iMac and tried to activate on a new iMac, but still using OS10.14.3.

It was asking me to do a 30 day trial period. So, I followed the advice herein to reach an Adobe Agent. Spent 45 minutes yesterday and it wouldn't work for him. We tried Remote Support. He wanted to delete Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign and install them again from scratch, but it wouldn't work for him. He told me they would call me back today and resolve the issue. I had two call back times today and no one called. I just chatted again with another Agent and had to explain the problem again, even though I gave the Agent the Case #. They said they would call back tomorrow.  

Is this normal?

How do I ensure someone will call?  I cannot sit by my phone for hours waiting! Any suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. I'll buy you lunch and a beer if you can help, please. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Your Mac User profile must have administrative permissions to install, move & write files on your primary hard drive.

2. Legacy Creative Suite installers won't work on macOS Sierra, High Sierra or Mojave without terminal workarounds. See the help article below for details.

Hope that helps.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, I deactivated three CS6 apps (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign) on my old iMac. Adobe allows these apps on two devices which is why I am trying to activate one set on my new iMac. Both iMacs have OS10.14.3 because I do not want to subscribe to Creative Cloud. I am a retired graphic designer but still need to access my files. When I try to activate the apps, it only shows a Trial offer for 30 days.  Which is why I called Adobe Support. Who tried to help me but couldn't get them activated either. The Agent told me they would look into it and call me back today. Which I explained above. How do I get them to call me back after we set up call back times twice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Forgot to mention my apps are not part of a Creative Suite. They were originall installed as 3 separate apps and that's how the Agent was trying to reinstall them IF he ever calls me back. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 20, 2021 Aug 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy, 

Well, after days of trying, calling, leaving messages and promises that Adobe would call back at such and such a time, I finally did get an Adobe Agent to call back. Used their Chat forum to connect. Then I was able to get phone numbers and talk to a person,

Had a great hour phone chat with someone in India! Nice guy. He used Remote Support to access my iMac and deleted ALL Adobe files and there were many. Some I would never have found or known about. Then he downloaded those three CS6 apps and initialized them. He said they would all be working now.
BUT, when I launched the apps the first time, it said I have to activate them and need to get a Response Code. But it said I was not connected to the internet.!? I tried calling Adobe again and left messages. No call back.
I finally went to Adobe Problem Solving and found the solution. Everything is working now using three CS6 apps in Mac OS 10.14. Very happy!

Not sure how long I will be able to use CS6 apps, so have started trying to learn Affinity apps. I will not pay for a monthly subscription service for ever as a semi- retired designer with limited clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2021 Aug 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As long as you NEVER upgrade your Mac, you should be OK for a while.   Glad Adobe was able to help you.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines