• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to stop automatic updates and will it cause harm?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Title of the subject pretty much covers the issue I'm having. Last year, while I was working on a specific project, all my Adobe software automatically updated to the next newest version of the software, and when that happened my project file got corrupted. I want to avoid that happening again this year. So if someone could send me a nice how-to guide to turning off automatic updates on all my Adobe Suite software services, I would greatly appreciate it. Also, I would like to know if there are any dangers that come with disabling automatic updates. As in, how long can I go without updating my Adobe software before the programs become too obsolete to function? I am aware that if you don't update at all then your Adobe programs could be more prone to crashing, unlike if you keep you Adobe programs to their latest versions. I just want to know how long I am allowed to go without updating my software until Adobe starts getting a might glitchy. Thanks again for your time today and I'll patiently await a response.

TOPICS
CC FAQ , Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Feb 04, 2022 Feb 04, 2022

See here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLus-vs_T28

I have auto updates turned off and also set to keep the old versions.

I only update when in between projects.

How long you can go without updating depends upon many factors, such as what media you are editing, your hardware, whether or not you need a bug fix, etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLus-vs_T28

I have auto updates turned off and also set to keep the old versions.

I only update when in between projects.

How long you can go without updating depends upon many factors, such as what media you are editing, your hardware, whether or not you need a bug fix, etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the guide. I'll be sure to follow your lead and only update Adobe after finishing each project. That way my files don't get corrupted again inbetween workloads.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines