• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am having trouble trying to install cc trial version. The installer fails to initialize. Please help me

Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble trying to install cc trial version. The installer fails to initialize. Please help

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 19, 2015 May 19, 2015

Follow below steps :

Step 1)

Launch Task Manager, click on More Details option  and end all Adobe related tasks.

Step 2)

Navigate to C: > Program Files(x86) > " Common Files"  > Adobe .

Open Adobe folder and delete folders named Adobe Application Manager and OOBE.

Unable to delete ?? try to rename . like OOBE-old.

Step 3)

Click on the below link and download Adobe Application manager and install the same :

http://download.adobe.com/pub/adobe/creativesuite/cc/win/ApplicationManager9.0_all.exe

Once the in

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 31, 2015 May 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok so I did everything, checked and cc was not in the programs in the control panel, I used the link in my adobe email for lightroom, it brings me to the CC page, where it downloads the installer, then I run the installer and it's supposed to open the page to automatically install lightroom.  it did everything up until automatically opening the page for lightroom.  So I went to the desktop where now there is an icon for CC, and click on it and again, nothing happens, nothing opens.  so frustrating.  I can go through the steps again and use your link you provided at the end of the steps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you purchased Lightroom as subscription or with serial number ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have lightroom 5 as well as some older versions on my computer with a serial number. I was wanting to do the trial in the CC for lightroom 6 to decide if I still want to continue doing it the old fashioned way with serial number or to do CC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If  you haven't installed any other Adobe apps other than Creative Cloud follow below steps :

Uninstall Adobe Creative Cloud application ./

Make sure it is not present under Program and Features list .

End all Adobe related processes from Task Manager,

Enable Hidden Files and Folders view.

Step 1)

You need to rename Adobe folders from below 5 locations  , rename it to Adobe-old.

• C: > ProgramData> Adobe.   [ Important : Program Data will be Hidden by default]

• C: > Program Files > Adobe.

• C: > Program Files(X86) > Adobe.

• C: > Program Files > Common Files >  Adobe.

• C: > Program Files(X86) > Common Files >  Adobe.

Step 2)

Press Windows button (located between Ctrl and Alt buttons) along with R button together at a time , you will get a run command window.

Type in below command and hit 'Enter' key.

appdata

It will open Appdata folder .

You need to rename Adobe folders from below 3 locations  , rename it to Adobe-old.

Appdata> Local > Adobe.

Appdata > Locallow >Adobe.

Appdata > Roaming > Adobe.

Step 3 :

Click on the below link and download Creative Cloud setup file and use the same to install the Creative Cloud Desktop application.

https://ccmdls.adobe.com/AdobeProducts/KCCC/1/win32/CreativeCloudSet-Up.exe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Before performing above steps :

You may try to install Lightroom 6 using direct download link once .if you wish to simply install LR CC .

New Adobe Lightroom 6 (CC) Direct Download Links – Free Trials | ProDesignTools

Or if you wish to try with Creative Cloud , follow above step

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok...I will try all of that but have to do it tomorrow. You have been most helpful and patient with me.  thank you!

One question though, If I rename all of those Adobe files will that create problems with my existing adobe software on my computer (not CC) I have LR and PS CS5 (not CC). I want to make sure I'm not messing with anything I already have and use.

Oh one more question, when I was doing the cleaning tool and I had to pick what to clean, there were 3 CC options. I picked the CC desktop only was that correct?  One option was CC desktop and CS6 and I can't remember what the other one was.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you had installed CS 5 and LR 5  ,

Do not perform the steps I had provided .

It will remove all Adobe apps .

Instead , Create new admin account and try to launch Adobe Creative Cloud application,

Steps :

1. Please Click the Start button and then select Control Panel.

2. Please click on User Accounts and Family Safety, and then click User Accounts.

3.. Click Manage another account. If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

4. Click Create a new account.

5. Type the name as Test, click an account type and select Administrator and then click Create Account.

Restart the computer and login to User account named Test and try to launch Creative Cloud application.

Still same ???  not to worry ,

in that case , better to contact Adobe Technical Support , they can remote access your computer and check  and fix the issue .

Installation Support for current version is available for Free trial customers also .

Click on the below and contact Adobe Customer Support and seek for technical assistance .

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=CCSN_downloading-installing-setting-up_downloading-install...

or

https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?step=CCSN_membership-account-payment_account-settings_stillNeed...

Click on Still need Help button and select Chat option .

If you are unable to contact Adobe Support , feel free to post here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2016 Jan 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

unable to delete OOBE folder even after trying to rename. Any answers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2016 Jan 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Launch Task Manager and end all Adobe related processes and then try to rename. or restart the computer and try again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Backing up files means ,

For example :

If you are using Adobe Cleaner tool remove Photoshop, you need to backup plugins and presets , as it will remove them once you clean remove Photoshop .

But here we are removing only Adobe Creative Cloud .

If the Creative Cloud desktop / Adobe Application Manager is not present in Adobe Cleaner tool, skip the  step.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2016 Feb 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I've tried installing Aplication manager and now am getting the following error message:

"We've encountered the following issues

Administrators priviledges are required to continue with the installation"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 06, 2016 Feb 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Windows or Mac?

If possible , post a screenshot.

Windows:

Have you logged in to computer with  Administrator account? if yes, Right click on it and select Run as Administrator option .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines