• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am no longer unable to install older versions of Adobe Illustrator.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need Adobe Illustrator 2015.3 to use with my plugin that does not work with newer versions. I was able to install any older version of Adobe Illustrator before from the Creative Cloud app. The newest app only allows me to install 24.0 and 23.1 which is kind of VERY LIMITED. I have just purchased an year plan for Adobe Illustrator and I am unable to work because of that. I have contacted technical support and they were unable to help. Why older versions were removed? How can I use 2015.3 now, as that is exactly why I have purchaed this plan, and I was unaware that Adobe have removed older versions from it.

[profanity removed by moderator]

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Deleted User

Hi

You can download it from here, link still seems to be working for Illustrator

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-5-direct-download-links.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Deleted User

Unfortunately it's not possible to download it from the Creative Cloud any longer, you can find out more info here

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-limits-software-downloads.html

Also Adobe have changed their policy to only allow access to the most recent 2 versions of Creative Clouds apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

You can download it from here, link still seems to be working for Illustrator

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-5-direct-download-links.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there's no way to install it from CC? That sucks.. Downloading apps from third party websites when you've paid for them is not what I have expected from Adobe. Thanks, Ged. I'll try this. But I am greatly disappointed in Adobe now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately it's not possible to download it from the Creative Cloud any longer, you can find out more info here

https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-limits-software-downloads.html

Also Adobe have changed their policy to only allow access to the most recent 2 versions of Creative Clouds apps

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: It's official, guys, after kicking me from one person to another for half an hour, I finally got a reply that older version are NO LONGER available for us to download (unless you consider the two latest versions "older" versions). It's not announced anywhere during the plan purchase process. If you remember the old good times when you could purchase a plan and work in the app version you really needed, these times are gone. Now you 're forced to work only in the latest versions, no matter what you really need. Disappointed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just looking for an older version of Illustrator as the newest version does not seem to work on my current PC. The not most recent version should already help me, but the cc app does not offer it, instead it sends me to the instructions for how to download older versions with the app, which sends me in circles.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also am having this issue, any updates from Adobe on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@victoriay47651723 

1. you can install the latest and 1 version prior versions using the cc desktop app. you must have a subscription because previous versions are not available with trials. other versions are revealed after clicking file preferences>apps>tick show older apps (at panel bottom).

2. for versions cc 2019 and older, use prodesign tools.com*.

3. for versions newer than cc 2019 but older than one previous version, contact adobe support for links.**

---------------------------------------------------------------
* most (but not all) adobe download links are available from prodesigntools.com. https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-direct-download-links.html

follow the directions (esp, step 1)

save the install file. it may not remain online.

thank jim @ prodesigntools.com
-------------------------------------------------------------

** there are 2 ways to contact adobe; chat and twitter:

chat:
use a browser that allows popups and cookies, and click here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human.

twitter:
tweet @AdobeCare

p.s. if you're contacted by anyone (via email or private message), it's much more likely to be a scammer than an adobe representative. ie, double check for an employee badge if contacted in the forums and look for an adobe.com domain in the email address if you click reply to an email. then check again and be very suspicious. any other method of contacting (or offering to contact you) is almost certainly a scam,

https://community.adobe.com/t5/using-the-community-discussions/adobe-support-community-guidelines/td...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines