Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't install Adobe XD

New Here ,
Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Adobe XD worked for a while until it needed an update. The update said that it failed. ("Update Failed"). So I uninstalled. Then when I tried to reinstall it, it said "installation failed". The error code is 191. Here is the Summary.htm file:

Exit Code: 191

-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------

- 2 fatal error(s), 2 error(s), 0 warnings(s)

FATAL: Error (Code = 191) executing in command 'AddUWPAppxCommand' for package: 'UWPAssets', version:13.0.12.14

FATAL: Error occurred in install of package (Name: UWPAssets Version: 13.0.12.14). Error code: '191'

ERROR: hdhelper exe at C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Adobe Desktop Common\HDBox\HDHelper.exe failed to install UWP app with xml
Adobe.CC.XD
C:\adobeTemp\ETR8058.tmp\1\SparklerApp\SparklerApp.appx
x64
CN=Adobe Systems Incorporated, OU=Adobe Systems, O=Adobe Systems Incorporated, L=San Jose, S=California, C=US, SERIALNUMBER=2748129, OID.2.5.4.15=Private Organization, OID.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.2=Delaware, OID.1.3.6.1.4.1.311.60.2.1.3=US
adbxd:

Microsoft.VCLibs.140.00
x64
CN=Microsoft Corporation, O=Microsoft Corporation, L=Redmond, S=Washington, C=US
C:\adobeTemp\ETR8058.tmp\1\SparklerApp\Dependencies\x64\Microsoft.VCLibs.x64.14.00.appx

false

with error code 1

ERROR: Failed to install UWP Appx Package

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks in advance,

Jamie

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Ok, thanks, Jamie.  Since you have already retired the download of Adobe XD, and other UWP applications are installing successfully, then I would recommend contacting our support team at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html for direct assistance with resolving Error 191.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving the discussion to Creative Cloud Download & Install​ forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jamie, sorry you are facing Error 191 while installing Adobe XD.  What version of Windows are you installing Adobe XD on?  Are there any updates available?  Are you able to install other applications successfully through the Windows Store?

For more information on Error 191 see Adobe apps download and install errors .

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

I am running Windows 10 and there are no updates available. Yes, I can install other applications through the Windows Store.

Jamie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, thanks, Jamie.  Since you have already retired the download of Adobe XD, and other UWP applications are installing successfully, then I would recommend contacting our support team at https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html for direct assistance with resolving Error 191.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2018 Nov 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem for a long time.

The problem was solved after enabling the Secondary Logon Service.

1. Press Windows Key + R.

2. Type services.msc into the Run window.

3. Click OK.

4. In the Name column, locate and right-click Secondary Logon.

5. Select Properties.

6. Under the Startup Type dropdown menu, select Automatic.

7. Click OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved this by reinstalling microsoft's "App Installer" from microsoft store (it comes with windows, but many "things" come with windows so probably many users just think it is bloatware and remove it on a fresh install) , this allowed XD installer to install the appx files mentioned in the log and finish installing successfully. Hope this helps someone, took me many hours of research to realise it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

how to reinstall it ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines