• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have a Mac mini (late 2014). I cannot install Adobe Photoshop Elements 2.0.

New Here ,
Aug 17, 2021 Aug 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used a USB DVD drive to install the DVD. Mac mini does not recognize it. The box says it can install on Windows/Macintosh. I know it's old - so am I - probably 30-40 years. But it's never been opened. The Finder says it does not support the Partition Map or SMART status. Is there a way I could download it from the website? 

TOPICS
Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If Photoshop Elements 2 requires activation, you're out of luck because those servers have long since been shut down. Even if it doesn't, it's unlikely. Apple has radically changed its hardware and software in the years since PE 2 was released and a lot of the older software can't even be installed, much less run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is from 2002. When it says on the box it runs on Mac, it means a Mac running a system from 2002. At least 3 times since then Adobe have completely changed MacOS so all new apps were needed, and all old apps just had to be thrown away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2021 Aug 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh bummer!

thanks for the help. I won't waste my time. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You understand that PS Elements 2.0 is ancient, right?  It's almost 2 decades out of date and unlikely to work much less install on modern Macs. 

Photoshop Elements 2021 (under $100, no subscription needed).
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Photoshop elements was made to run on PowerPC Processor Macs.

In 2005 Apple started switching from PowerPC processors to Intel processors.

Your mac has an Intel Processor which is not compatible to run photoshop elements 2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines