• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have so many very old versions of Adobe (all the way down to CS3) -Can I delete it??

Enthusiast ,
Jun 14, 2022 Jun 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Adobe ! I have so many very old versions of Adobe (all the way down to CS3) - and it takes up so much space on my computer that my computer is full. So thought to know if I can delete something the old programs.

Thank you so much!!

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely you can delete them. Most won't even run on a modern OS.  Also on a Mac, you should look in your user library and you can delete the old version folders there. However, I will say that if you saved presets or other parts of programs (brushes, saved sites in DW, etc.) you could move them to the most recent version if they are still compatible and not moved over.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

So all from CS3 - to CS6? Lightroom 4?

- and program from 2018 to 2020??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So all from CS3 - to CS6? Lightroom 4, yes you can move them to the trash.

your cc versions you should uninstall using the cc desktop app by clicking other versions>scrolling down to the version you want to uninstall:

kglad_0-1655218109091.png

if you don't see older versions, click file>preferences>apps and enable "show older versions"

kglad_1-1655218147269.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. so It is not only to put them in the Trash?

Sorry I am confused?

I only look after Ilustrator, and there I found 13 version (did not see any CS version, which I have several of??)

and 23 version of Photoshop down to 19.1.19 (and no CS version which I have several of)

and so on for every program....

Would that say if I find about 20 version of all your product, I have to uninstall them one by one? It takes several days?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. so It is not only to put them in the Trash?

Sorry I am confused?

what were you planning to do with them, or what would you like to do with them?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the Adobe Cleaner Tool to wipe old unused program files from your system.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!

Is there a video out there to show how to do this?

It seems a bit difficult,  a lot to read !

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if they're not causing a problem, leave them alone or ask for someone you know that's computer savvy to take care of this for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK. Thought you were computer savvy. So that's why I'm asking here.

So no video of this anywhere?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

all the people responding to your post are savvy enough for this task, which is basic. but from your comments it's become clear that you are not comfortable performing this task, so it's safer for you to do nothing.

p.s. for help using your computer, you can use a search engine (eg, google).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I'm just asking nicely if somebody could help. I'm not one of those young people who is such a computer nerd. So i am really sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you don't need to apologize.  we were all started knowing nothing.

but i really think you would be better served if you did nothing, unless you're seeing problems about a lack of storage space on your c drive.  there's no other problems those files could cause other than (possibly) occupying space that's needed by other applications.  if you're not seeing those problems, leave well-enough alone.  if you start to see those problems, tackle the issue then.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it takes all the space of my computer now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ok, then follow the steps on the cc cleaner page, or ask someone that can sit at your computer with you (eg, a neighbor or family member) to help you follow those steps, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for example, most of that page (Use the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool to solve installation problems (adobe.com)) about the cleaner tool is about taking precautions and explained in detail.  there's a lot to read, but if you need those details, they are there.  adobe assumes no expertise on your part.

if you ignore precautions, the actual instructions for using the cleaner are also explained in detail assuming no expertise on your part using just 4 steps:

cc.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot !!

OK. I have installed this cleaner!
- but when I select CS3 or CS4, it shows none? See here: https://prnt.sc/JxLBPs62Do9W - but I have several of CS3 and 4? So why does the cleaner not find them?
Then I tried CS6 and there I found something: https://prnt.sc/hpHCJNFsizRr
So I don't know why it does not find CS3 and 4?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which operating system do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MacOs Mojave.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. Go to Mac Finder.
  2. Next, open the the Application folder.
  3. Select the program or application that you want to uninstall.
  4. Then, right-click on the application and tap on Move to Trash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. So I can move that on the Trash without to uninstall. Wow!! that was great. I did that yesterday, but was told not to do that. So I moved them over to Program again. OK! Then I will move forward with CS6...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No do not trash the applications!

That is a sure way to mess up your system.

Please follow the officially supported adobe way and use the unistallers for your adobe applications.

The cleaner tool is only for instances when the uninstaller fails or there are install problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy said so above. And only for the CS3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Official adobe documentation that refers to cs3/cs4 and is sage advice for all subsequent adobe software.

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/remove-creative-suite-3-cs3.html

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-suite/kb/uninstall-creative-suite-4-point.html

Anyway, it probably won't matter as much for you if you don't intend to ever reinstall any of the pre creative cloud software on that machine and really was just responding in general to all the posters that said to just delete/trash the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm totally confused now. Why does Nancy O'Shea say this: https://prnt.sc/1FVkdK52ge9E
- I am not English speaking, so therefore it is also a bit difficult for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines