• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need help installing Photoshop on a Windows system with an ARM processor

New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need to install Photoshop on a Lenovo Flex 5G.  I contacted support yesterday and was told it can't be done because of the ARM processor the computer has.  The Flex is running Windows 10 Pro and has 8 gb of RAM.

The reason I question what I was told is that I have run Photoshop on a computer with Windows 10 and an ARM processer before.  I had Photoshop installed on a Samsung Galaxy Book 2 until I replaced it with the Flex two weeks ago.  The Galaxy Book 2 has an older ARM and half of the RAM of the Flex and ran Photoshop with no problems other than being slow.

Any help will be appreciated.

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have been given correct information. Microsoft chose to make Windows 10 with no support for modern 64-bit apps. Your computer is very limited. I have read that there will be 64-bit support in the future. I have also read that there may be ARM support in Photoshop in the future. Until then, you will need to find a different.

If it worked on your older computer, maybe you were running such an old Photoshop that it still had 32-bit support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"You'll have a much bigger problem with apps that are only available in 64-bit versions. The only way to run Adobe's Creative Cloud apps, for example, is to sign in on Adobe's website and see which of the 2018 apps are available in 32-bit versions. Maybe that's one reason why Adobe was on stage with Microsoft announcing that its Fresco drawing/painting app, released last month for iPad Pro and Apple Pencil, would be available on the Surface Pro X."

read more about the limitations of your computer here, Windows 10 on Arm: What you need to know before you buy a Surface Pro X | ZDNet

here's the last 32 bit ps version, Adobe CC 2018 Direct Download Links: Creative Cloud 2018 Release | ProDesignTools

for other programs, there may be later versions, All the New Adobe CC 2019 Direct Download Links, Now Available! | ProDesignTools

and check your cc desktop app for other compatible versions by enabling "show older apps" (not present with trials) in the preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the information.  I got no indication from support that there are still 32 bit versions available.  I was just told that I couldn't install photoshop.  After a lengthy conversation of trying to get the tech to understand I had used it with an ARM previously I accidentally disconnected and didn't get a link to resume the chat until several hours later and was not able to do so because of being at work

I am fairly sure that what I installed on the Galaxy Book when I got it in 2019 was 32 bit. I don't need super performance, just software that works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines