• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need to install Lightroom on my D:\ drive

Community Beginner ,
Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the preferences in the Creative Cloud desktop from default to:  D:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe.

I first installed Photoshop CC and that installed perfectly in folder D:\Program Files (x86)\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC.  Next I clicked the button install Lightroom and it was promptly installed in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.2.  I am down to 3.6 GB on my C:\ drive and need this to be installed on D:\ drive.

Help

Gary Self

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 02, 2013 Dec 02, 2013

Gary I am sorry but Photoshop Lightroom does not currently support installing to a custom location.  You can find more information on this topic in the Lightroom and Creative Cloud FAQ at http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-creative-cloud-faq.html#id_95665.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Gary I am sorry but Photoshop Lightroom does not currently support installing to a custom location.  You can find more information on this topic in the Lightroom and Creative Cloud FAQ at http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/lightroom-creative-cloud-faq.html#id_95665.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff

Thanks, your answer was helpful. A couple of years ago, I bought, to me, a big gaming PC that has a world of room on the d:\ drive, but only 60 or so GB on the solid state hard drive.  Always a struggle to keep the garbage in control on that drive.  I have managed to find other stuff to move, but please try to get LR so it can be installed in a custom location.

Thanks

Gary Self

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 03, 2013 Dec 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your feedback Gary!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeff

I have the same issue as Gary, and I need a solution other than the usual trick (symlink).

When will LR be updated to support installing to a custom location ?

Is there a way to force install to a custom location (where can I download the install file and execute a custom install) ?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 12, 2013 Dec 12, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maay the request to customize the installation location has been sent to our development team.  There have also been some reports of people moving their Photoshop Lightroom installation after the install has complete. 

My recommendation however would be to make sufficient disk space available and install the software to the expected location.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 01, 2014 Jan 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff Wright sent me here from a different forum but this one isn't dealing with the same problem I am having. Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't subscribers supposed to be able to put CC apps on two computers? I'm trying to install LR on two partitions with different OSXs just as I did with PS but I'm not being allowed to do the same with LR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bruettin please see this discussion which references the inability to customize the installation location for Photoshop Lightroom.  You can find the referenced FAQ in message #1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry to beat this to death but I'm having a hard time reconciling semantics I guess. That or I'm not being clear. I read the FAQ you reference. I understand it says LR is unlike other CC apps in that it "must be installed to your local drive." Okay, so is not your "local drive" that which is running the system? If so, it seems to me that I should be able to switch to the second partition with the alternate OS (Mavericks) and install a second iteration of LR as per the subscription's allowance. Am I mistaken about this? It's not like I've installed LR on separate drive and tried running it from a different system drive which is what I take the FAQ to be telling me. Again, correct me if I'm wrong.

What is doubly confusing is that the FAQ states: "(LR) can't be installed to custom location like other Creative Cloud apps." This is confusing because I tried to do this with PS and THAT wouldn't allow me to run it from a disc (partition) other than that which it was installed on. I had to use my second computer alowance to load PS onto the second partition where I'd installed the new Mavericks system. So that seems to contradict what the FAQ is asserting.

Ya know this all started because I needed to find the activation code for LR because I was being asked for it when trying to run it from the Mavericks partition. (which at the time implied to me I WOULD be able to run it from a disc it wasn't loaded onto had I only been able to provide the number) What would happen if I just uninstalled the whole mess and started over again? Would I be able to without an activation code in my possession? And why DON'T I ha one? Shouldn't I have received an email when I first purchased the apps?

alan b

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, I see this has been kicked around for a long time. It's too bad Adobe doesn't see this as a problem and help it's paying customers out. I've been with you a long time but have recently decided to look for other software to edit my RAW files with since this issue has now made it so I cannot edit even one single photo. I'm dead in the water and IT IS Adobe's fault. It seems you don't give any concern for a very long running problem that the computer companies has exacerbated by making drive C: a tiny boot drive and drive D: the actual work drive. So watch my account. The minute I find any software, though it won't be as good as LR, I will leave you and go to it. Bye

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 12, 2019 Sep 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem now. My D drive is huge, I don't see why we shouldn't be able to store there if we want to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2019 Oct 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. it's rediculous that they can't figure out how to fix this with lightroom but Photoshop can be installed on another drive. Doesn't make sense and it shows it's not a priority for them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agree. This seems to be a huge problem for many people, including me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you can install all adobe cc apps on the non-c drive.  that's been the situation for most apps since cc was first released years ago and the situation for lr since cc 2015.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines