• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I purchased Lightroom 6 in 2018

New Here ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently changed the PC because my old one got broken.

I have installed Lightroom 6 again but I it seems I am still in trial mode (it's asking my to purchase it) and I find no option to activate the current version.

Am I doing something wrong? Screenshot 2021-11-13 175627.PNG.jpgScreenshot 2021-11-13 175723.jpg

TOPICS
Activation , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 13, 2021 Nov 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

do you have any cc apps on your computer now?

if not:

you should uninstall lr 6 using the uninstaller
uninstall the cc desktop app, using the correct uninstaller, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html#sa_src=web-mes...
clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer

reinstall lr 6 and activate with your serial number

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2021 Nov 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nothing changed, it's not even asking me for the serial number.

Could it be because me old PC crashed before I could deactivate the licence there?

I've read this has been a common issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no.  if that were the problem you would see an excess activation count message after entering your serial number.

the problem is you had cc on your computer at one time and it's still on your computer so you're being prompted to sign into cc to activate a lightroom subscription.  but if you have no cc subscriptions, you can't activate by signing in, either.

you need to clean your computer of cc, if you want to use a perpetual license.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved with the CS.

I installed LR Classic because that was the only link I could find on the site.

But I had the licence for LR6, that is no longer available unless the CS gives you a special link to download it.

I did it and now I am ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 15, 2021 Nov 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

open your lr > click help and if you still see sign-out and you did not enter your serial number when installing, you're using a cc subscription or trial.

if, and when, you need to install lr 6, you can download the installation file here Adobe Lightroom 6 (CC 2015) Direct Download Links - Free Trials | ProDesignTools

follow the directions (esp, step 1)

save the install file. it won't remain online.

thank jim @ prodesigntools.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines