• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I use Adobe once a month. How do I prevent processes from running in the background all the time?

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I use Adobe products maybe once a month. However there are always Adobe processes runing in the background costing me CPU processing power, even though I have set Adobe to not update or run when the computer starts. 

For example, I cannot get IPC broker to stop restarting after I have closed it and every other adobe product and process. 

Since there is absolutly no nned for any Adobe process to  ever run in the bacground when I am not using Adobe products ( i can update manually) , how do I prevent background process from running and stealing my processing power. Thank you.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

This is not an option currently. Suggestion box: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 02, 2020 Aug 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not an option currently. Suggestion box: https://www.adobe.com/products/wishform.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot believe Photoshop has dominated the graphic design market and yet Adobe allows these Creative Cloud processes to start at computer startup and run in background nonstop. I have used Paintshop Pro for years and love it and only recently switched to Photoshop only because more clients demand it, but this is ridiculous. Someone please tell me this has been changed since 2020 and there is now a way to prevent processes from starting at startup?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

nope, and not likely to change in the future. otoh, those processes combined should be using less than 1% of your cpu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 13, 2023 Mar 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes maybe even less than 1% , but they are totally unecessary when you don't use the app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@sociopatte 

that may be true for you, but it's not true for many others that depend on cc to collaborate with others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but that does not mean everyone loves having it hijack their machine and not be allowed to dictate whether it runs at start up or not. Many are not running it every time the machine starts. I have to kill it every time because it is using much more than 1% and it's about the principle that they have the nerve to make software that you cannot choose whether it starts at startup or not just so they can verify payment easier and push CC. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but that does not mean everyone loves having it hijack their machine

By @diane262167685a5z

obviously not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You could try blocking it with your firewall and then allow it when necessary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines