Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Illustrator CC 2018 Windows 10 - Can't log in to my account

Participant ,
Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Support-Team,

one of our customers still uses the old "Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 (v22.1 64-bit)".

So, I have a desktop-pc with windows 10 professional-edition (64-bit) and different versions of Illustrator.

- Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 (v.22.1 64-bit).

- Adobe Illustrator 2021 (v.25.2.3 64-bit).

Everything works fine!

Now I got a new laptop with windows 10 home-edition (64-bit) and I wanted to install again two different versions:

- Adobe Illustrator 2021 (v25.4.1 64-bit).

- Adobe Illustrator CC 2018 (v.22.1 64-bit).

The installation of Illustrator 2021 worked fine and I can use it without any problems.

For CC 2018 I used the installer that I also used about one year ago on the desktop-pc.

When I started the installer on the new laptop, I got the error-message (I translate it roughly from german):

"Update necessary: Your browser or operating system is not supported anymore".

There was a link on the error-message window, which opened a support-website. I tried to solve the problem, using the "registry-fix", but it did not change anything.

After that I searched the support-forum and found the fix for the installation-problem:

I had to disconnect my internet-connection and start the installer again!

Now both Illustrator-versions are installed on my laptop and are also visible in "Adobe Creative Cloud".

So far so good.

Unfortunately, every time I try to start Illustrator CC 2018, I get the message "Adobe is already activated on two other pcs". But that is not true. One of the activated pcs is this laptop.

When I click on (rougly translated from german) "Disconnect all other pcs in order to connect this pc", I get the frustrating error message again:

"Update necessary: Your browser or operating system is not supported anymore".

What could be the reason for this?

When I installed Illustrator CC 2018 on my desktop-pc rougly one year ago, everything worked fine.

Desktop-pc and laptop use the same win10-version.

The only difference is, that the desktop-pc has win10-professional and the laptop has win10-home edition.

How can I solve this log-in issue?

Thank you very much in advance.

Best Regards,

Fabian Taubitz

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 07, 2022 Apr 07, 2022

they'll need to undo what they've done with ai 2018 (which may require a complete cleaning), then contact adobe support* for the correct ai 2018 installation program for their os.

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

they'll need to undo what they've done with ai 2018 (which may require a complete cleaning), then contact adobe support* for the correct ai 2018 installation program for their os.

using a browser that allows popups and cookies, contact adobe support by clicking here, https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen
in the chat field (lower right), type AGENT
be patient, it can take quite a while to reach a human

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much.

The technical support took over my laptop via remote access and solved the issue somehow.

There is nothing like a little magic. 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

quote have good choos fore mor the Adobe and good sachureation feel in theams  much loveing good ness fore eaver talents beihaves hy good missing work peariord ...plz adobe this muchess God blzz you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you're welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines