Impossible to install Apps on D:\

Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I have not enough space to install the Adobe apps to my drive C:\
I would like to install on my other partition D:\

I tried many times to install an uninstall photoshop by changing the destination address of apps in Adobe cloud preferences and it didn't change anything.
Can you help me ?
Thank you in advance

P.S. : Also on Cloud Deskop all "links to resources" doesn't work. I'm a bit worried because I took a Stock subscription and I would like to use Fonts too.

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation , New user

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Hi @adrienr67533746,

Even after changing the install location to another drive you still need some space on the OS installation drive as some installation components are always installed there. I suspect you don't even have space in C drive to install these required components and hence the issue. Try freeing up some more space on C drive and hopefully it would work

-Manan 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND , May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

But make sure you keep at least 50GB free on C. Otherwise you can't expect anything to work. Also, move Photoshop's scratch disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @adrienr67533746,

Even after changing the install location to another drive you still need some space on the OS installation drive as some installation components are always installed there. I suspect you don't even have space in C drive to install these required components and hence the issue. Try freeing up some more space on C drive and hopefully it would work

-Manan 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But make sure you keep at least 50GB free on C. Otherwise you can't expect anything to work. Also, move Photoshop's scratch disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Manan and Test Screen Name,
After a lot of work to make 50 GB free on C:\  I reinstall Adobe cloud and the location change / other section of cloud work perfectly !
It's weird that I was not notified before the cloud installation. Because I must not be alone in having a small C:\ partition with windows installed on it. I have an MSI Gamer computer it is a widely used model.

Thanks again for yout quick response.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree that the installer could check if the required space is available and if not give a meaningful error message so that the user can try and resolve it. You can post a feature request at the following

https://creativecloud.uservoice.com

-Manan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines