• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Incompatible

Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My apple computer is no longer compatible with updates from adobe PS and LR yet i am paying $10.99 per month  for something i cant use.   I spoke to adobe and they said i could download an older version and stop getting updates. Has anyone else been able to solve this problem ? I really cant afford a new computer.  

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did your already installed older versions stop working?

Direct Download Links https://prodesigntools.com/tag/ddl MAY help
-you MUST do what it says in Note: Very Important Instructions
-https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cc-2015-direct-download-links.html#download-instructions
-the prodesign links go directly to Adobe's file server, so this process
--will only work until Adobe completely removes the old version(s) from the server
When you do have a download, be sure to copy it to AT LEAST one external device
-a usb flash drive or hard drive, or write to a DVD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your quick response As of now i have a 2018 version of PS
and LR which I have been paying for the last few years... Adobe gave Jan
and Feb free but said i would have to download old version and thats where
i stumble?
So should i go to that website you posted and download 2018 i do have of
both PS and LR?? Kind of scary don't want to lose it completely
I do have an external HD
The version i have did not stop working it just wont accept newer versions
offered in creative cloud
Kathleen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be SURE to turn off automatic updates. Download the 2018 version if you can,  cause Adobe won't keep it around for long. Keep the download safe - meaning NOT just on your computer. no need to install the download today, it's for when your computer needs fixing. 

What is your Apple model by the way? Including year. Some people believe they can't upgrade and find they actually could. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well let me get back to you soon I know that my Apple computer is
approximately eight years old I am hopeful talk soon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

my I mac desktop is early 2009   OS OSX EL Capitan  So appreciative for your help

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 28, 2021 Jan 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. I have looked up your Mac on https://everymac.com/systems/apple/imac/specs/imac-core-2-duo-2.66-24-inch-aluminum-early-2009-specs... and can confirm it can only be upgraded to Mac OS 10.11 (El Capitan). If you have an installed copy of Photoshop and it runs, then you can continue to pay and it will keep running but you MUST be sure never to try to update, or you could end up with nothing at all. Be sure you do save the 2018 installers - and if you don't understand what we are saying, please ask, because it could be critical for you. The last thing you would want is having to pay for a year's creative cloud after you've lost the old app and can't replace it.

If you are thinking about getting Creative Cloud, I would worry that most iMacs of that age have only 2GB or 4GB of RAM, and it won't be enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so how do i stop updates...???? I will look into the link you sent to download ps 2018?? This is just not fair. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 29, 2021 Jan 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

What's not fair? You have an older computer that can't do some things later ones can. Should Adobe hold back everyone else? Thanks to your subscription, if you ever replace your computer with a new one, there won't be any extra cost to jump right up to date with Adobe apps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines