• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign CS6 "starting up service registry" crash

New Here ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have purchased Adobe CS6 4 years ago. All programs worked great until 3 days ago.

Indesign would launch, and get stuck at the 'start up service registry' and crash. If the program would open, it would freeze and I would have to force quit it.

I am working on a Windows computer.

I uninstalled the program, and have tried to reinstall it. The .exe will run, it will say that all the files have been extracted and it'll ask me to open the folder where it has put Indesign....but nothing is there. No Indesign.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Hi paulr94230714,

As you have mentioned that you were unable to launch Adobe InDesign CS6, it gets stuck at " Start up service registry". Now, when you try to reinstall Adobe InDesign CS6, you are unable to find the installer.

I would request you to download the installer from this link and install it: -Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications.​ Instructions on how to download and install are available here: -​  How to download, install, and activate Adobe applications.

Please update this dis

Votes

Translate

Translate
Jun 23, 2017 Jun 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Downloading, Installing, Setting Up​ to get your program installed and get it up and running.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 27, 2017 Jun 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi paulr94230714,

As you have mentioned that you were unable to launch Adobe InDesign CS6, it gets stuck at " Start up service registry". Now, when you try to reinstall Adobe InDesign CS6, you are unable to find the installer.

I would request you to download the installer from this link and install it: -Download Adobe Creative Suite 6 applications.​ Instructions on how to download and install are available here: -​  How to download, install, and activate Adobe applications.

Please update this discussion in case you need further assistance with the same.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 25, 2017 Jul 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Well i found that this error mostly happens when the printers on your system is either corrupted or is disconnected.
Try switching your default printer to either "Adobe PDF" (If available) or to "Microsoft print to PDF" printer

Steps for Windows user:

1. Go to Control Panel > Hardware and Sound > Device and Printers
  2. Find Adobe PDF under Printers > Right Click > Set as Default Printer
  3. Now Restart (Optional)
  4. Start Indesign

Hope it helps you...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, it resolved my problem, all other services were working perfectly, except Indesign was causing this problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 17, 2020 Mar 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This resolved my problems loading Illustrator & InDesign files when I upgraded to 2020 and was working from home, (I guess because Windows was looking for my printers at the office?) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 26, 2017 Jul 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Windows?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can tray this solution
remove all fonts except original fonts and open again indesign

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 05, 2022 Dec 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

actually, for others with this problem (no matter the id version), resetting your preferences is the first thing to try.

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/526990

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines