• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install Creative Suite 6 bought 2010 onto new computer w/o disc drive? Can't find Serial Number.

New Here ,
Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I've been using a Creative Cloud subscription for a few years now, but recently cancelled and wanted to go back to using my Student Edition of Creative Suite 6 bought approximately in 2010. 
I have it installed on an old computer I want to sell, and want to uninstall it from there and reinstall it onto my iMac that has no disc drive. 
However, it doesn't appear in my apps in my accounts online, so I can't download it from there. 
Also I can't find my Serial Number! I have the box and the Product Code, but I didn't write the serial number there. And I've checked all of my email addresses that I could have used for an email but haven't found anything with a search.  

My flatmate tried to find the serial number within the program and found something only in Photoshop, but trying to register that number in my Adobe account didn't work either. 

Please help!

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 18, 2021 Sep 18, 2021

Thanks.
because it's a student version and they needed to verify your student-ness they only have the product code on the sleeve and after verification sent the serial number via email. But I've been able to resolve the issue with Adobe over chat and I should hopefully be sent a new serial number soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the box then do you also have the discs which came inside the box? The serial number is printed on a label attached to the DVD sleeve.

Try running https://mac-product-key-finder.com on your old computer to see if you can recover your 24 digit serial number.

The CS6 installer can be downloaded from https://prodesigntools.com/adobe-cs6-direct-download-links.html.

Be aware that CS6 can only be installed on macOS Mojave or earlier. You cannot install it on Catalina or Big Sur. So ensure that your iMac is running a compatible operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.
because it's a student version and they needed to verify your student-ness they only have the product code on the sleeve and after verification sent the serial number via email. But I've been able to resolve the issue with Adobe over chat and I should hopefully be sent a new serial number soon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know. I always thought that they only issue one serial number. Didn't know they will issue a fresh one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have your redemption code?  See below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/redemption-code-help.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy, isn't a redemption code only a single use code to obtain a serial number?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Redemption codes were given out by Education/Volume License Resellers.  With the volume license redemption code, you could get your serial number to activate the volume licensed editions of the software. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 came out in 2012 and ended the following year when CC came out. Creative Suite is no longer legally sold by any vendor, retailer or country.

Unfortunately, software programs cannot be migrated from one machine to another.  You must run the installation routine from your original student disks or downloads that you received at purchase.  And you must have a valid matching serial number for that media or it's a no go, mate.  Sorry.

Maybe cancelling Creative Cloud wasn't such a good idea.

Creative Cloud Photography Plan (approx $10/month for 12 months). Includes the following:
- Photoshop CC and Photoshop on iPad
- Lightroom on desktop, mobile and the web
- Lightroom Classic
- Portfolio website + hosting
- Spark with premium features
- Bridge
- 20 GB cloud storage (upgradable to 1 TB).
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html

Creative Cloud All Apps (51 + apps & services) and Single Apps Plans
https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/plans.html

=============
Beware of fake Adobe reps who may contact you privately offering to sell you software or take control of your computer. It's a scam, run away! Real Adobe employees will never reach out via Outlook, Yahoo, Gmail or Skype.
=============
3 Easy Ways to Identify Genuine Adobe Staff
https://tinyurl.com/10791730

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines