• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

install CS5.5 on second PC? I have the discs and my serial number

New Here ,
Mar 04, 2021 Mar 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can I still install CS5.5 in 2021?  I own the discs and have my serial number so can I still install it on a second PC with errors?

Thanks!

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

In theory, yes, recognizing that (1) Microsoft no longer supports Windows 7 and (2) Adobe hasn't supported the CS5.5 applications in many years. You may find “issues” if you have any other newer Adobe applications already installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paola,

Sure. You are allowed to install your old CS5.5 programs on up to 2 computers and as of my knowledge, the activation servers are still active.

I have however no idea what you mean with "second PC with errors"? Does this mean that your current PC has errors, and you want to change to a different machine? If yes deactivate the first install after activation of the second install. You will keep as such your second activation reserved... 😉

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I made a mistake: I meant to say "can I install CS5.5 with my discs on a second computer WITHOUT any error messages during the install?

I know I'm allowed to install it on two computers at the same time and I want it installed on my second new comupter because my old computer is having hard drive issues and if it dies, I want to be sure to have CS5.65 already installed on my sencond brand new laptop.

Thanks so VERY much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I own CS5.5 on discs and need to install it on a second Windows 7 PC, so can I still install it with my discs and serial number without any issues or errors/

Thanks to anyone who will help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In theory, yes, recognizing that (1) Microsoft no longer supports Windows 7 and (2) Adobe hasn't supported the CS5.5 applications in many years. You may find “issues” if you have any other newer Adobe applications already installed.

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dov,

This is a fresh installl of Windows 7 Pro 64 bit on a new laptop so there's nothing Adobe installed.

All I want to do is install my CS5.5 discs on this new laptop so you're saying I should have no problems. is that correct?

Of course i know Windows 7 and CS5 are no longer supported but I can't afford a subscription and I paid a lot for CS5.

Thnaks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is exactly what I said with the caveat should have no problems. This is not a guarantee of any type and for better or worse, there is no technical support for either Windows 7 or CS5.5.

Good luck!

- Dov Isaacs, former Adobe Principal Scientist (April 30, 1990 - May 30, 2021)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As CS5.5 was supported on Windows 7 you should expect no major problems, however, both, Windows 7 and CS5.5 did get error correction updates during their lifetime and it is absolutely not possible for anyone here to guarantee that you won't run into difficulties, because the Windows you have may be slightly different from the Windows that was out at the time CS5.5 was out. 

Even at the time with both systems supported there were situations when people were having troubles. If you run into troubles The fora of Microsoft and Adobe are your only hope. But be mistrusting those "Adobe Johns" and "Microsoft Mikes" offering support via Skype. They are for sure fakes that only want either your money or install malware on your computer or both. 

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines