• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install on windows virtual machine Acrobat DC

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2020 Sep 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using VMWARE for the virtual machine and need to install Acrobat DC.  I logged on, downloaded it but keeps on saying that it is a network version and not the desktop version.  I made sure that I downloaded the desktop verion. 

How do I resolve this issue?

Tinus5F9F_0-1599153738481.png

Tinus5F9F_1-1599153842433.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've moved this from the Using the Community forum (which is the forum for issues using the forums) to the Download and Install forum so that proper help can be offered.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to do what the message says; copy it to a local disk (or rather, an emulated local disk in the VM). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post to a better forum. from Acrobat to the Download & Install forum.

What operating system are you using in the Virtual Machine? Whatever.

you need to run the VM and in whatever OS you are using in the VM you need to Download Acrobat from Adobe into the virtual hard drive used by the Virtual Machine. Then from that Virtual Hard Drive you need to run  the install file to install Acrobat.

The VM is a separate computer and you can't run the install of any program from your REAL computers hard drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2022 Oct 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When running Windows on a PC, running an .exe will automatically place the software you're installing into the "Program Files" folder.  However, when running a VM such as Parallels on Mac, you cannot run the .exe file from the Mac downloads; Parallels will not automatically know where to put it.

The easiest solution (dovetailing with the first comment) is to move the .exe file to the "Program Files" folder on Windows in your VM, then running it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines