Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation and licence - private use

Community Beginner ,
Dec 25, 2020 Dec 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

first I wish a merry x-mas to all of you.

I use a creative cloud full version, annual plan. I mainly use my PC, but sometimes I need to use my laptop and my Surface tablet.

I can have two installations active, why only two? It is really annoying to switch activation all the time. Wouldn`t it be a better solution to lock the licence to a Microsoft Account? Why limit the activations? I have no problem with the limitation of using only one device at the same time, beacause I am only able to one device at the same time 😉

Other users with the same issue?

best regards

Marc

TOPICS
Activation , Creative Cloud , Feature request , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the feedback, Marc, but there are no plans to utilize another companies activation technology.  We already did so during the early versions of Creative Suite.

Please review and bookmark https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/activation-limit-reached-creative-cloud.html which discusses the different methods you can use to activate the software on different computers.  You can use the process in https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/activation-limit-reached-creative-cloud.html#Signoutofasin... if you wish to sign out for just one computer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for your reply. 

Well please think of a new limit to 3 devices. It is not unusual, that users have three devices... pc, laptop and tablet.  So it would be great if you could upgrade limit from 2 to 3 devices.  Please discuss with management.  

I pay for the software,  so I should be able to use it on all my devices.  

I do not want you to use Microsoft account for login, just a check if it is the same account. As far it is the same account,  no limitation of use. 

Best regards

Marc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Marc, tablets, and mobile devices do not currently count towards the number of allowable activations.  What is the exact message you receive when trying to use the software on a second computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I use a Microsoft Surface Pro 7. I think because it uses win 10, adobe counts it as a PC/Laptop. 

I get a message that I have reached the limit.  Then I can choose the devices to logout.

Best regards

Marc  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct, Marc. The Surface Pro would still be counted as part of the number of allowable activations.

From your description, it sounds like everything is working as expected.  I appreciate the feedback on increasing the number of allowable activations and will certainly pass it on.

If you do find yourself having to sign back into the same computer without choosing the deactivate all option, please see https://helpx.adobe.com/manage-account/kb/troubleshoot-creative-cloud-sign-out-sign-in.html.  There should be no need to sign back into a computer if it has not been deactivated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If the Surface Pro 7 uses an Intel CPU and runs normal Windows programs then yes Adobe will see it as a REAL Computer.

There are Ms Surface model that run, I think, an ARM CPU and on those you can't, Currently, run normal Desktop (REAL Notebook) Adobe programs.

Simplest thing to do is Log Into the Adobe website from ANY Device and go inot your Account setting and Deactivate one of the currently Activated devices. Then you can Sign In on that Surface device. You can actually do that from the Surface Pro without signing into the CC desktop app or any of the apps. You do all that in a Web Browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines