• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation and Subscription costs

Community Beginner ,
Aug 09, 2021 Aug 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I only want to buy the photoshop app. I don't need the full creative suite. Can I download the photoshop app on both PC and MAC, or is this only permitted to people who buy the full creative suite package? 

Can the monthly subscription/ yearly subscription be cancelled at any time? 

Thank you 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cloud Plans https://creative.adobe.com/plans

Special Photography Plan includes Photoshop & Lightroom & Bridge & Mobile Lightroom

The special Photography Plan is only available for a year at a time (one annual or 12 monthly payments) so if you cancel early with monthly payments you pay 50% of the remaining time

You may install on Mac or Windows... you may install on as many computers as you want, you may activated on 2 and use on 1 at a time

If you don't want a subscription, Photoshop Elements may work for you http://www.adobe.com/products/elements-family.html

-buying from Adobe via download is for ONE version, Mac or Windows

-to have both versions buy the DVD from Amazon

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I only want to buy the photoshop app.

The Photography Plan is the obvious plan for you. It's the lowest priced plan on offer. No need to use Lightroom if you only want Photoshop.

The catch with the Photography Plan is that you must sign up for 12 months at a time. There's no month to month version available which you can cancel at any time without paying an early termination fee.

Can I download the photoshop app on both PC and MAC

Yes. That can be done whatever plan you are on.

If you're on a Mac, the Mac version will be downloaded. Same for Windows.

Can the monthly subscription/ yearly subscription be cancelled at any time? 

Only monthly plans can be cancelled without paying an early termination fee. But you pay more per month for those compared to the monthly payment for an annual plan.

Annual plans (12 month commitment, pay monthly) have an early termination fee if you cancel before the 12 month period has expired. However, the monthly payment is lower than the monthly payment for a month-to-month, cancel-anytime plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 10, 2021 Aug 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your explanation John. 
This is maybe a silly question, but does th photography plan provide the same full version of photoshop? I'm a textile designer so I need the full photoshop version which will

allow me to create designs using repeats etc. 

would I be better to buy the subscription to the photoshop app, instead of the photography plan? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

does th photography plan provide the same full version of photoshop? 

Exactly the same full version.

would I be better to buy the subscription to the photoshop app, instead of the photography plan? 

I assume you mean the Single App Photoshop plan. Its up to you but you're paying more for the same version of Photoshop.

The only real advantage is that you can choose a month-to-month, cancel-anytime  plan with the Single App plan. But for the price of 6 months Single App, you get 12 months Photography Plan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I did mean the single app photoshop plan. Sorry for not being clear. 
I will consider the photography plan then. Thanks for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi sorry to bother you again. I'm trying to figure out how I would save my work as I regualary switch between a Mac and a PC. If I create a psd or jpeg file on the Mac and I save it on either iCloud or Adobe creative cloud app, can I open and continue working on the same file again on my PC? 
Thank you 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I regualary switch between a Mac and a PC.

That's a common scenario for many Adobe Cloud users.

can I open and continue working on the same file again on my PC? 

@catherinem99185110  Yes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements can still be purchased  -- no subscription needed.  However, PSE is a lite version and does NOT contain all the fancy bells & whistles in a Photoshop CC subscription.  Depending on what you need PS for, PSE might be a good option.
https://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-elements.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Nancy I need photoshop to create design work ( I am a textile designer). Would PSE be enough for what I need? Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can always install the free trial of PSE and use it for up to 30 days without paying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines