• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation error for downloading Illustrator CC (Error code: 146 and 7 (After 2 days) )

New Here ,
May 30, 2016 May 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I had Illustrator and there was some problems starting it up so I decided to uninstall it and I had some more problems uninstalling it too. After a day, the uninstallation worked and started downloading Illustrator. When I was downloading it, after 42% it started to become a little bit faster in downloading until like 60% or 70% then it said that the installation failed and I retried it and it failed again and I clicked at the "More information" link below the installation area and the error code 146 was shown. After 2 days, I tried to download it again and the error code 7 was shown. Can anyone please help me fix this issue? Thank you!

TOPICS
Creative Cloud

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Abhishekp1996 what specific error are you receiving?  If it is a failure to move a file then you will need to correct the file permissions for the associated folder/file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 30, 2016 May 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a link for code 146

Code 7 https://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/exit-code-7-displays-installing.html

or

While the forums are open 24/7 you may not contact Adobe support at all times

Chat help: Mon - Fri  5am - 7pm  (US Pacific Time) <=== NOTE DAYS AND TIME

Be sure to remain signed in with your Adobe ID before accessing the link below

Creative Cloud support (all Creative Cloud customer service issues)

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/service-ccm.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 02, 2016 Jun 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for helping! I'll try solving the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wait, Its still error code 146. Jesus.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unable to move file during install/uninstallFatal for install Ignorable for uninstallFILE_MOVE_FAILURE = 146Unable to move the file. Rename the file and then try again.

That's the problem right now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2016 Jun 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same Issue.

I have tried almost 7-8 times but no luck. CC cleaner didn't worked out for me

Please Help Anybody!

I really want to try Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 20, 2016 Jun 20, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Abhishekp1996 what specific error are you receiving?  If it is a failure to move a file then you will need to correct the file permissions for the associated folder/file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2016 Jul 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff A Wright,

how do I do that????   I have the EXACT same probem as these people, I have tried everything!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 08, 2016 Jul 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Jeff, when the error is e.g.

Unable to move file at "/.adobeTemp/7A453693-714D-402E-8A80-EEAEF1E4BCAB/AdobeIllustrator19-Core/StagingArea/App lication/Adobe Illustrator.app/Contents/Frameworks/amtlib.framework/Resources" to "/Applications/Adobe Illustrator CC 2015/Adobe Illustrator.app/Contents/Frameworks/amtlib.framework/Resources". Try setting correct permissions to the specified file/folder or parent folder, so that admin has rights to modify it.

for which folder should I check and change permissions? For

1) Resources under temp  or

2) Resources under Applications or

3) any parent folder under temp or Applications?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 11, 2016 Jul 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cupckess35447308 and Dominik Kietla for details on how to resolve Error Code 146 see Resolve Error Code 146 encountered while installing Creative Cloud desktop apps... .  You are welcome to update this discussion if you have any questions regarding the steps listed in the document.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines