• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation fails with error 189 - insufficient disk space, even with sufficient disk space

Explorer ,
Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To begin with, I'm trying to reinstall all my CC apps because I accidentally removed the SSD on which they were all installed (I put it in another computer and wiped it, oops!). The first error I was getting was code 146: Unable to move the file. I figured the Creative Cloud app was trying to move the applications from my old drive, but was unable to find them. I was also unable to uninstall the applications using Add/Remove Programs since the install location could not be found, and couldn't uninstall the Creative Cloud app because it thought the CC apps were still installed. 

I tried to start over by removing (well, renaming) the Adobe folders in both program files folders on my C: drive. I then reinstalled the Creative Cloud app and attempted again to reinstall CC apps. I'm now getting a different error message: Error 189 - insufficient disk space. There is plenty of space on my C: drive, I've got two 1TB M.2 SSDs installed, both with more than 500GB of free space. I've tried moving the install folder to each drive with no luck. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I need these apps for my work. 

TOPICS
Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Aug 07, 2022 Aug 07, 2022

I was able to fix it by using the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I viewed the error log and it indicates that Creative Cloud is trying to install the apps on my G: drive rather than my C: drive. I do not have a G: drive, and my install location in preferences is set to my C: drive. 

Exit Code: 189
-------------------------------------- Summary --------------------------------------
 - 2 fatal error(s), 0 error(s), 0 warnings(s) 

FATAL: Total size required for installation is '8134934656' bytes, but only '0' bytes are available on the installation drive G:\
FATAL: Error occurred in install product workflow with error code 189 error message 8134934656#@#0
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out the G: drive was an external drive attached to my computer. I removed the drive, and now Creative Cloud is trying to install on my NAS, giving me error 176: Unable to install on a network drive. It is not attempting to install the apps in the correct location. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to fix it by using the Creative Cloud Cleaner tool. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines