• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installing Creative Cloud Desktop on dual boot Mac Book Pro Windows 10

New Here ,
Jul 13, 2021 Jul 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am getting the bluse screen of death and my laptop (Mac Book Pro 2017 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7820HQ CPU @ 2.90GHz 2.80 GHz, RAM 16.0 GB ) when installing Photshop from the Creative Cloud Desktop. I am installing this on the Windows 10 partition of the dual boot.

Initally i thought it was a result of an automatic update, so booted my computer into safemode and removed the one of the 2 updates installed today (13/07/21). The two updates installed were KB5004945 which was uninstalled and servicing stack 10.0.19041.1081, which i have not uninstalled.

After uninstalling KB5004945 i rebooted the computer and tried to install Photshop from the Creative Cloud Desktop again with the issue- blue screen of death and restaring. 

I have attached 2 images of the different error messages before the update removal and on of the error message after the automatic update removal.

Can any one help? 

TOPICS
Creative Cloud , Installation

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this a new CC install or an existing one?

Possibly, you should consider doing a system backup, uninstalling the whole cloud, reinstalling.

Alternatively, doing a clean Windows install could also solution the problem.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New install Sir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2021 Jul 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for you response. I completely uninstalled, restarted and reinstalle CC but got the same blue screen of death. I can not complete a clean window install on this machine as previously it took best part of a day to set up. Please provide another solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Blue screen of death means a fault in hardware, or system, or driver. It is not a fault in Photoshop, there is nothing to fix. Of course, Photoshop will ask the system to do many things, and if the system is at fault, you may get a BSOD. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your reply Sir. I am having the same issue when installing ANY Adobe product I.E Illustrator, Adobe Acrobat DC, Premier Pro etc.

I have had this machine from new since 2017 and NEVER had any issues with running ANY other software. The machine in question is a 2017 top spec Mac Book Pro costing over £3500 and to say that the system is at fault is simply not true as all the errors from the last 3 days in Event Viewer are from the  ACC installation.

Please allow an Adobe  professional to help me instead of making an educated guess. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MBPRS, I am sorry, but Test Screen Name is correct. If you find that the computer is still encountering critical failures after cleanly reinstalling the operating system, then it is time to start looking at the hardware that is being utilized.

Please run a hardware test on the 2017 MacBook Pro to verify that it is not encountering any problems.

From personal experience, I know that MacBook Pro's love to suck in dust, so if you have not had the MacBook Pro cleaned, then I would strongly recommend you do so.  Dust bunnies alone can cause unexpected hardware failures when the computer is running demanding applications.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for you reply. Firstly have you looked at the images of the error and what they relate to? Simply stating the Mac Book Pro is at fault simply not true as Photoshop works fine on the Mac partition!

I get the BSOD on the Windows 10 partition, there is DEFINITELY nothing wrong with the MBP as i say once again it works fine on the Mac Partition.

It points to some sort of compaibiliy issue with windows partition. Are you aware of any one else experiancing the same issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We don't have to look. Windows and Mac systems are supposed to be "bulletproof" - so they cannot be crashed by any fault in any app. So we don't have to look at the app. If bulletproof glass is broken, it is not a fault in the bullet.

Adobe have many bugs. Photoshop has many bugs. This is not one of them, we are trying to keep you from wasting your time by looking at the wrong thing. That said, Adobe do NOT support running any app in a Boot Camp partition. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What a way to respond LOL! Dont have to look ? May be thats why you missed the fact the installation was being carried out on a dual partition MBP on the windows side?  Wasting my time??? Bit late for that !

Then again like you started your last post "We dont have to look!" 

Thank you anyway

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure why you think I'd missed that, because I specifically mentioned Boot Camp. And I saw your photos of a BSOD, not sure what we were supposed to deduce from them except you do indeed have a BSOD. You can choose to take our advice or not; you are welcome to waste as much time as you like, in your utterly unsupported configuration, looking for bugs in the wrong place. Your choice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is your original post-

"Blue screen of death means a fault in hardware, or system, or driver. It is not a fault in Photoshop, there is nothing to fix. Of course, Photoshop will ask the system to do many things, and if the system is at fault, you may get a BSOD. " 

Where in this post did you state "Adobe do NOT support running any app in a Boot Camp partition" ? Maybe you didnt have to do that either?

Anyway never mind. Thank you once again now lets move on Sir

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MBPRS, information on how to run the hardware test can be found at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202731.

I am sorry, but the images in your original post don't provide me with any additional suggestions.  You may want to check with Microsoft if you are wishing to interpret the error messages being provided by Windows when it encounters a critical error.  You could start by going to the URL indicated in the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thats great  Jeff , thank you for your support.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines